North Wales on 15 July

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinnabull

Reaction score
First real run on the new bike, out with me main wingman who has also bought a S1000rr as well. We left sunny Warrington this morning and headed to Barmouth. Coming off Diavels (both of us) the riding position needed getting used to, and our intercoms needed fettling around Ruthin so we stopped in a random layby for a stretch.

Then onto Bala for another quick stop, chat with some other bikers, and onto Barmouth. As usual we dropped into The Last Inn on the front for a bite to eat and drink.

We headed back via Blaneau Festiniog and Bews Y Coed. I think the A470 between Blaneau and Betws is sublime on these machines.

The boys in blue were out in force with both mobile cameras and stationary vans, but oncoming traffic gave us the heads up. Unfortunately there were 2 accidents on our way home, both involving bike and cars, on looking pretty serious. I just hope it wasn't as serious s it looked and everyone got home ok.

Well, these Beemers can shift cant they !! Handle, stop well, not bad on fuel, I'm enjoying ownership so far.

Stuart

First real run on the new bike, out with me main wingman who has also bought a S1000rr as well. We left sunny Warrington this morning and headed to Barmouth. Coming off Diavels (both of us) the riding position needed getting used to, and our intercoms needed fettling around Ruthin so we stopped in a random layby for a stretch.

Then onto Bala for another quick stop, chat with some other bikers, and onto Barmouth. As usual we dropped into The Last Inn on the front for a bite to eat and drink.

We headed back via Blaneau Festiniog and Bews Y Coed. I think the A470 between Blaneau and Betws is sublime on these machines.

The boys in blue were out in force with both mobile cameras and stationary vans, but oncoming traffic gave us the heads up. Unfortunately there were 2 accidents on our way home, both involving bike and cars, on looking pretty serious. I just hope it wasn't as serious s it looked and everyone got home ok.

Well, these Beemers can shift cant they !! Handle, stop well, not bad on fuel, I'm enjoying ownership so far.

Stuart

Spent many a year around Bala on the Taffy ring! Great roads and Barmouth has the best ice creams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Phil

its a bloody long way from Essex pal !! Me a my ride buddy, also a Phil quite often do Wales though, weather permitting. Would be good to get a few out on a trip.

Stuart

I'd be up for ride out, always around those parts.

Next time we're out I'll let you know, maybe a couple of weeks now tbh as my mate is away, and I have work commitments, but as soon as he's back, weather permitting we'll be on it.

Stuart

Latest posts

Back