S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Safjar

Reaction score
Hi,
My names Marc and I'm from Grimsby. Joined the site as I'm looking at changing my bike next year (bit early I know) and wanted to get some info from real riders of the bikes on my shortlist.

I currently ride a 2010 Triumph Daytona 675 in the stunning special edition white with blue frame colours. Brilliant bike, gorgeous and extremely nimble but fancy a change. My previous bike was a Triumph Street Triple R so not a million miles away from the Daytona.

I'll be browsing mostly but may contribute if I have any valuable advice.

Cheers

Hi and welcome. That's a nice bike you have there. What's on your shortlist?

Hi and welcome. That's a nice bike you have there. What's on your shortlist?

Thanks, my shortlist is the S1000RR, Fireblade and Z1000sx, my roding is mostly for fun with the odd long commute so all of those would be ideal although I haven't ridden them yet

I'm currently using my '15 RR on a 50 mile commute. Not what I had planned, but the NC700 lost in an argument against a van. More than comfortable the whole time and I haven't had the slightest problem so far. Fuel economy is decent for its class, though not quite as good as the '08 ZX10R I had previously. The RR revs like a 600 and feels like you're riding round on a ball in the corners. It just goes where you're looking without any drama.

I find the Daytona a little too focused, may be due to the underseat can pushing the back end up, to combat sore wrists I've got Helibars clip-ons fitted so no wrist or back ache at all. My commute will be 400 miles one way which I'll probably only do about 4 times a year so hoping the RR is comfortable enough. Has anyone done a great distance on it in standard trim?

I did 600miles this weekend. My clothing and knee strength were far more "wrong" than the bike. THe bike could go on and on, my backside was OK, wrists too, back achey but I had full luggage and backpack, I just need to sort out my knee strength and also stop the material in my leathers bunching on the back and rubbing the skin raw!

Sweet, sounds like it should be fine then. Standard sore arse as usual lol. My knees always seem stiff after a long motorway jaunt, people have mentioned before doing some warm up squats before riding but I always forget, too eager to get out on it :) sounds like you need some tighter fitting leathers to stop the bunching whilst on the bike, that would do my head in

Or a better underlayer. But yeah. The 'blade for reference was more cramped when I tested them back to back. I'm 5'11"...but I still think replacement rearsets are the way to go on ALL these bikes.

That's good to know, I haven't ridden the blade but sat on it in the dealers and feels a lot more roomy than the Daytona. I'll be looking to do back to back test rides if I can

The tank on the 'blade is really wide. That's either great or hard work on your hip muscles. But I have to say, the thing flies, sooo easy to ride. Love the 'blade but chose the Beemer.

The wide tank is what I immediately liked when I sat on the Blade, I prefer my knees to be against the tank more naturally without pressing them in myself, I need to get myself seated on the RR to see what it's like

Latest posts

Back