Newbie saying hi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bash1k

Reaction score
Hi everyone - just a quick note to say hi. I am not the owner of an S1000RR yet, however I am doing my due diligence and waiting to sell my current bike (a Fireblade) before choosing to go back to a V-twin Duke (exact model tbc) or indeed going for an S1000RR. So, I will be doing lots of reading of the site to learn what to look for, and maybe even ask the odd question or two. Hope that's ok and a viable reason to be a member on here?!?

Hello. New model s1000rr launched yesterday to make things more interesting for you ��. Have you had any test rides?

Hey, thanks for that. Yep very aware of the new model - looks and sounds amazing. However I'm planning on buying a 2010 / 2011 model for cash rather than buying a brand new one on finance (which is the only way I could pay for a brand new bike). I've always bought good low mileage second hand over brand new on finance - a personal thing. I've ridden Ducati's for some time, stepped into the realms of a Honda Fireblade this summer (which is a superb bike) but very very keen to experience the S1K... hence being on here. Anything you would suggest outright as things to look out for from both positive and negative perspectives? Also I'd be keen to hear from people selling their bikes - but I need to sell my 2011 HRC Blade first!

I'm sure you can blag a testride from your local dealer, I managed 2 short rides and a full day from vines, but managed to avoid buying one until this year. they are good!

Anything you would suggest outright as things to look out for from both positive and negative perspectives?

Go for the latest model you can get for the money. 2012 was a change year.
FBMWSH if you can - will give you leverage with BMW if anything big goes wrong with the bike post-warranty.

Overall the s1000rr is a very good bike. The only negatives are switch gear failing (have been replaced FOC by dealers up to now), some have sumps that corrode, think thats about it.

2nd hand prices will fall now that the new model has been announced, but I would expect prices to harden again in the spring when demand for the new bike has outstripped supply and folks want something to ride. Walking into a dealership in November or December with cash must be the best way to get a great deal?

Latest posts

Back