Newbie question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Evening all.
Picked up me new S1000RR on Saturday and enjoying it very much. My last bike was a 2012 RC8R. Totally analogue, no ecu maps, abs, nuthin.
Quickie question:
Re. Quick shifter and autoblipper, manual has a lengthy and opaque description of when not to use it. I'd be really interested to hear from you guys when it's wise NOT to use it. I'm using the clutch lever around first gear and have been keeping things calm during running in but still spotted a couple of 'fails'. I would like your thoughts on no-nos for using the QS both up and down.
H

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its a '17?
The QS will tell you when its unhappy.
You use the clutch to pull away only imo.

- Sent from Mobile

Its a '17?
The QS will tell you when its unhappy.
You use the clutch to pull away only imo.

- Sent from Mobile

+1

I've got a 2015 model and the quickshifter is fine through the gearbox and only use the clutch to pull away.

Same here. Remember to shut throttle when down shifting and good positive throttle when going up.
If you have any issues make sure chain is correctly tensioned and not too much free play on clutch lever.

Last edited:
As stated, throttle fully shut on down shifts, mine appears to work better on upshifts at higher revs and with a slight (1-2mm) roll off
Presumably you set the autoblipper to work in the dash...
Also never use mine through neutral as feel it can struggle and always use a firm prod on the lever. It's not the best box in the world but 100% better than the gen1 lol

Same here. Remember to shut throttle when down shifting and good positive throttle when going up.
If you have any issues make sure chain is correctly tensioned and not too much free play on clutch lever.

+1 on all of the above, only thing extra I'd suggest is not using the auto-blipper for downshifting below ~4K revs.

Keep an eye on correct chain tension as this makes a significant impact on gearbox feel and quick-shifter performance.

Latest posts

Back