New to the world of double r love it

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nipper12

Reaction score
Hello thanks for having me just bought a new 2013 model with 400 miles on clock loving it had it 3 weeks now shes now 2100 miles on her but i need heavier bar ends around 80 90 mph. My hands are geting needles in pins

Welcome Nipper, great bike, I had the same problem on my '13 RR, GixxerChuck on here makes and sells heavier bar weights that sorts the problem, sure he'll be along to sell you some!

Thank you sir yes mate i went from busa to another gixxer until i got the chance of a 13 model with only 400 miles on clock full sports with a added extra of heated grips . I cant believe the ride with the b em love it had my knee down in no time just my dam hands gets needles in pins only on clutch side

Hi Nipper, welcome to the site, looks like your enjoying yourself on the new steed. I get numb hands on both sides due to Carpal tunnel syndrome, StuartB told me excessive w*%king can help it, but I struggle to get my hands inside my leathers when I'm on the twisties. Best just buy the bar ends LOL.

Hope you like the forum, its full of a wide range of riders. Tell us a wee bit about you, its been a quiet week.

JimmyMac

Well am from sunny scotland haha but weather better today a run planned for tomurrow with a few lads that go out every thursday. Ive been in to bikes since i seen my first one going past the family car 40 years ago . Had my share of bikes over the years since i was 11 years old . All has been jap bikes never sat on a double r until my one was dilivered from england got 6100 for my 2011 gixxer put 5900 towards the beemer just bought a flash plate for her G6 BEM. My name. Gary gibb so fits me perfect. Sold my busa too after spending a huge amount on her to lern it was ritten off after 500 miles my yoshi busa is now a cat d it will never happen to my german lady shes a keeper i dont get sore bum arms back with her at all i sold my zx10 because the pain was too much 5 years ago but the rr has got me riding like a 25 year old again cant help it

I hope my posts ok trying to get a avatar picture but wont let me go any further just now cant do much or get on to much links

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. cant get in to profile to do anything

Welcome to the forum nipper. Full of good advice and a friendly bunch of lads.
I think the admins need to enable your account to get full access. I'll sure one of them will be along shortly.

Well worth upgrading to premier account, as quite a few good discounts on the extras your going to end up buying for the new bike.

thanks lads just feeling my self around the site. ive scorred allready with parts my mate had a 10 and a 12 he has akrapovic headers that he had on the 10 and then he got them on his 12 model after strapping them up for a week they fitted ok hes offered me the headers for 200 plus hes fitting them it would still leave me to get a pc5 so am not sure if i want the extra expense

Welcome - your picture should now be viewable :)

Bike will run fine without a PCV - it just runs better with one. Not urgent if cash is an issue.

Welcome - your picture should now be viewable :)

Bike will run fine without a PCV - it just runs better with one. Not urgent if cash is an issue.
thanks for the heads up alex i will go ahead and get them headers and link pipe from him and get them fitted can allways get pc5 next year .

Have you uploaded it via your profile control panel page? There is nothing showing as uploaded and you have sufficient access to do so.

Click on the edit button to the right of your username on your forum profile page and go from there.

Hi Nipper, welcome to the site, looks like your enjoying yourself on the new steed. I get numb hands on both sides due to Carpal tunnel syndrome, StuartB told me excessive w*%king can help it, but I struggle to get my hands inside my leathers when I'm on the twisties. Best just buy the bar ends LOL.

Hope you like the forum, its full of a wide range of riders. Tell us a wee bit about you, its been a quiet week.

JimmyMac
Nipper welcome to the forum...dont be listening to that Jimmy Mac I dont take him on.. " Mutter to myself" (I hate how hes always right !)

PS. Where abouts in Scotland you from, im in Dumbarton..
stuarts phone

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back