new to the s1000rr

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vro551

Reaction score
After buying a 15 model 3 weeks ago, only this weekend I had the chance to enjoy it a bit. Yesterday it was cut short by the weather, today different story. Wife had to use the ear plugs as the bike is too loud, AR stubby can. The other major complain is that it runs very hot and it gets hot very quickly. Definitely its not a hot weather bike. Anything I can do to improve the cooling?
:stung:

After buying a 15 model 3 weeks ago, only this weekend I had the chance to enjoy it a bit. Yesterday it was cut short by the weather, today different story. Wife had to use the ear plugs as the bike is too loud, AR stubby can. The other major complain is that it runs very hot and it gets hot very quickly. Definitely its not a hot weather bike. Anything I can do to improve the cooling?
:stung:

I have an AR GP1 can on my bike (baffle in), it pops and bangs louder than std but isn't really any louder, I always wear ear plugs but my Mrs never does and finds it fine even on long runs, mind you judging by her singing I think she may be slightly deaf... :) Regarding heat, yes the frame spars get fairly hot but that's about it, I don't find it an issue even in summer, have you tried riding a Ducati 1299 they are bloody hot! Also suggest you fit a Renntec grab rail if you carry passengers regularly, a pic of a happy Mrs Mac below...

I have an AR GP1 can on my bike (baffle in), it pops and bangs louder than std but isn't really any louder, I always wear ear plugs but my Mrs never does and finds it fine even on long runs, mind you judging by her singing I think she may be slightly deaf... :) Regarding heat, yes the frame spars get fairly hot but that's about it, I don't find it an issue even in summer, have you tried riding a Ducati 1299 they are bloody hot! Also suggest you fit a Renntec grab rail if you carry passengers regularly, a pic of a happy Mrs Mac below...

The can is without the baffles, and i would never install the grab rails on any sports bike lol. And by the way its Malta here not the uk lol

Samco Hoses

I've seen 100?C+ when stationary in pitlane a few times but the coolant temperature soon drops again once moving. I have noticed a reduction in running temperature since fitting a Samco hose kit this season but the bike itself still gets incredibly hot; especially the frame.

Ah, well put the baffle in then! And of course it'll get hot if you're in Malta, not a problem over here especially if you live in Scotland...! Why not have a grab rail on a sports bike? Terrible carrying a passenger without one. As you can tell I have little sympathy with someone living in the sun, not that I'm jealous :)

Well i think its safer for her to hold on me than to something below the seat. 29 degs today and glorious sunshine, want some??

Below the seat? 35 deg C in Lincs today, give or take 25 degrees..

Ah, well put the baffle in then! And of course it'll get hot if you're in Malta, not a problem over here especially if you live in Scotland...! Why not have a grab rail on a sports bike? Terrible carrying a passenger without one. As you can tell I have little sympathy with someone living in the sun, not that I'm jealous :)

Apparently alot of the bikes in Malta have stretched swing arms! A mate has just moved there with his RR and said its a strange bike scene.

Yes you find bikes with extended swingarms, mainly for the drag strip.

Well i think its safer for her to hold on me than to something below the seat. 29 degs today and glorious sunshine, want some??
Youve got to be kidding vro ?

Like Mac I cant think of anything worse than a loose passenger, a grab rail is essential.

Nought worse than 2 up either accelerating or braking and youve got this huge strain on your wrists.

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Welcome OP.

As for carrying a pillion - When my wife, a pretty reluctant pillion, has ridden with me we used Love Handles. They do actually help. That said even if I had pegs and a pillion seat, there is no way she'd come on the RR.

Latest posts

Back