New to site!!! hiya!!!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Blueyes

:tongue-new:Hiya!!!
Just joined , live Huntingdon way .
Brought 2010 s1000rr looking to met up with summer coming .

Hi Phil, not sure you got a reply .....got racing colours ..roads not good loads of pot holes , ya! your not far mate wot colour you riding any mod s added?

An early 2010 in black, boring as feck no mods what so ever, even have the original sail board on the back which is the largest reg plate ive ever had lol

Thats handy mate dont knock it !! ....come handy if you breakdown :friendly_wink:!!!!!!! mind you ive heard they dont .

Fab!!! plenty of trouble free days out then !....where do get your servicing done, nearest place that i can find is bmw Peterborough went over the other week had a look round all staff seem friendly bunch , should have asked sevice prices!!!

Coopers in Kent, I get it picked up serviced n dropped off :joyous:, I have had a recall job (drop sensor?) done at SBW, nice people clean and efficient.

Ya! im seeing a lot of posts on recall issues fuel pipe /stand/ switches/ sencors worries me a bit , brought the bike from Alton Bahnstormer about 3 weeks ago and spotted that they was a recall on fuel pipe so asked can they check fuel pipe on 6k service but its only done 5k but they completed as part of deal but nothing was said about results on check i better give them a bell .....now im seeing more recalls its worrying but it might not be my model 2010 i hope!:subdued:

I wouldnt worry mate, if your bike has only done 5k its almost new. If its got the full BMW service history (yearly services done) I am certain you will get help from BMW re common issue faults.

Hello. The dealer should / would have checked the recalls. If not, you'll be covered by the dealer, I think it is BMW policy to have any used bike go out on resale with no recalls outstanding. Their service department would be able to tell you over the phone if everything has been done. As Phil says, if you get any known issues with the bike BMW will usually sort them out if the problem is well known (switch gear or sump). They have always been good to me.

A lot of the common issue things are just being fixed with no questions. Switchgear and sump corrosion being two that I know of. I just had my sump replaced - although I'm in an extended engine warranty (that's a whole other story) BMW didn't even require any history or photos to action the repair, they just let the dealer do it straight away.

Despite Phil's faultless experience with his, you'll see as you read the forum that there are common niggles with the bikes - moreso than you'd see on something Japanese. Some guys have had several sets of switchgear and some several sumps. BMW haven't changed these components since the bike was launched, so you'd have to expect they won't change until the bike is completely replaced (if they do another super sportsbike). BMW do seem to be good at fixing them though and in comparison to some of the Italian brands, their spares supply appears first rate.

Cheers!!! thats put my mind a rest !.... but next time its in for service Ill nudge um to double check it out .

Latest posts

Back