NEW to BMW ownership.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulie

Reaction score
Hi All,

After many years of Ducati ownership, I have taken the plunge and just purchased an M Sport, pick it up on Saturday.:joyous:

Welcome, sorry no one picked this up before...

Congrats on the purchase. Which Duc are you moving on from and what make you move to the RR?

Welcome, sorry no one picked this up before...

Congrats on the purchase. Which Duc are you moving on from and what make you move to the RR?

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your reply. I've had 5 but the last one was a 1299 Panigale, great bike but starting to get long in the tooth and becoming a bit of a moneypit. Let me down a couple of times at track events this year and just feel it's time for a fresh chapter. I do 50/50 trackdays and road riding and i think it will make a better option. Is a workshop manual available for it? I've looked through the forum and have yet to find a link that works for me.

When the Gen4 was launched there was a DVD workshop manual available from BMW. Unfortunately they pulled it from sale and haven't updated it.
There are USB versions on eBay, but I would approach with caution. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133955751195. It's someone with a DVD that is ripping copies to USB. I don't know if they work.

I wish they did an online system even if it needed a subscription.

When the Gen4 was launched there was a DVD workshop manual available from BMW. Unfortunately they pulled it from sale and haven't updated it.
There are USB versions on eBay, but I would approach with caution. https://www.ebay.com/itm/133955751195. It's someone with a DVD that is ripping copies to USB. I don't know if they work.

I wish they did an online system even if it needed a subscription.

There feedback looks ok, I may give it a go Alex. I'm after torque wrench settings for wheel changes/pads and the basics. I understand there are some included in the Riders handbook?

Alpha racing have a downloads section with all the torques listed on pdf as per above

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Thank you Wull, That was just what I was after. Much appreciated.

Alpha racing have a downloads section with all the torques listed on pdf as per above

Sent from my SM-S9060 using Tapatalk

Great stuff Alex, I'll check it out if I can resist ordering loads of goodies from their parts catalogue. Great inroduction to the forum, many thanks.

Latest posts

Back