New owner

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum Dan and congratulations on your new RR.

What sort of riding do you do primarily and where are you based?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
Hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

Oli

Thank you for asking Oli, I live in Korea, and my style of riding is, any excuse to ride, I currently have 3 motorcycles 2016 FJR 1300, 2017 SYM 600CC scooter & 2017 S1000RR. I recently sold Honda 2010 VFR 1200 with Dual clutch transmission, I put over 214,000KM before I sold it to a friend this past October. Although FJR is a good bike, it's just not thrilling, there are times when I need or want to accelerate quickly and ride on curvy roads at a faster pace. I now realize that S1000RR is thirsty and will never get the mileage of the FJR. I can go over 425KM (250 miles) without stopping for fuel, I doubt S1000RR can go half that distance. I really like the S1000RR for its speed/nimble/narrow and it's so easy to lane split on. In Seoul with over 10 million citizens, without lane splitting you're not going to move very fast. I'm glad I purchased this motorcycle. The dealer said they will add slick & individual mode, but frankly I don't know if I would ever use slick mode on the street.

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new bike. You are about right on the fuel distance on the s1000rr.

Are there many s1000rr owners in Korea?

Yes BMW motorcycle are very popular here in bigger CC motorcycles, it out sells all Japanese brands. There are 5 BMW motorcycle dealerships within 10 mile radius of where I live in Seoul. Harley Davidson & BMW are far the most popular larger displacement motorcycle here in Korea. Motorcycles are not allowed on motorways/highways here but we have good secondary roads which are just like the highways. You will never get a ticket for speeding (only on Motorcycles) Most traffic violation is enforced by cameras. You can see how fast your bike can go if you're brave enough. Also Korea is 70% mountainous and will never run out of finding curvy roads.

Here is a link to how a BMW motorcycle dealership 1 mile from where I live.
http://map.naver.com/local/siteview.nhn?code=12080341

Thats a cool looking dealership. Riding in Korea sounds like fun! enjoy the forum.

Welcome to the site Dan, I thought I could rack up the miles, respect to you my friend.
Enjoy the new bike and forum.

JimmyMac

I put over 214,000KM before I sold it to a friend this past October.

I really like the S1000RR for its speed/nimble/narrow and it's so easy to lane split on. In Seoul with over 10 million citizens, without lane splitting you're not going to move very fast. I'm glad I purchased this motorcycle. The dealer said they will add slick & individual mode, but frankly I don't know if I would ever use slick mode on the street.

That?s some serious mileage you put on the VFR, very good going!
What was the DCT gearbox like? I imagine it must have taken some getting used to at slow speed without having a manual clutch?

Folding mirrors, clip-ons and an impeccably behaved throttle/engine make for easy filtering. I?ve used my S1K, in part, for commuting and its been fantastic. They?re amazing bikes in all respects [emoji4]

I agree Slick mode isn?t suited for road riding, however, the slick plug grants you access to ?User Mode?, which in my opinion is fantastic.
User Mode allows you to configure your throttle response, DDC, ABS and DTC settings to your preferences, rather than to have a fixed default mode

Back