New Owner?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horico

Reaction score
It's a toss up between a S1000RR or a 1198s so thought I'd join and get to know a bit more about the BMW before deciding!

i look forward to having a browse!

cheers

matt

Hi Matt,

A few lucky guys have both. To some extent it depends what you are going to be using the bike for. Enjoy your browsing.

Hi Horico, I contemplated with a brand new Ducati Panigale R a couple of years back and went to look at one in Manchester Ducati. I was smitten with the looks and was teetering on shaking the salesman's hand when I noticed that the RHS fairing was fitted wrong with the wee bolts in the wrong way, made the bike look like it had suffered a stroke from the front. When I pointed this out the salesman (Who was very Italian) said "its ok, it is just like a beautiful woman, the right side and left side are not perfectly symmetrical!!!", "we will fix it if you want".
Don't get me wrong I like my women to look and speak from the same side of their face, but I also want to know that when I grab a handful of brake that the builder of the bike put the right torque on the bolts holding it all together.
Stunning for a poster on the wall but the Beemer is in a different class, Tech wise and build quality. In my opinion.

At the end of the day its your choice, but whatever you choose it will be right for you, enjoy.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the forum! My mate had an 1198s, it looked beautiful but he didn't keep it long as it was fickle and very uncomfortable to ride at anything other than flat out - he'd previously owned various R1's so was well used to sports bikes. The S1000RR is a much friendlier (and faster) bike if maybe not quite so exotic, with the '15 bike being the friendliest of the lot. Don't buy the 1198!!

made the bike look like it had suffered a stroke from the front. When I pointed this out the salesman (Who was very Italian) said "its ok, it is just like a beautiful woman, the right side and left side are not perfectly symmetrical!!!", "we will fix it if you want".
Don't get me wrong I like my women to look and speak from the same side of their face

JimmyMac

thats the quote of the year lmao, too funny

Welcome to the forum Horico :very_drunk:

Last edited:
Back