New Owner from Falkirk, Scotland

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2002sportevo

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, just joined the site and saying hello !!

I picked up my 2015 S1000RR two weeks ago and am enjoying it !! Ex BMW management bike, 1100 miles in red and white - full spec including forged wheels. Previous bike was a CBR600RR so a fair difference :cool:

I'm an ex motocross racer and then BTCC touring car driver (BMW) so a complete petrol head and BMW fanatic - also drive an M3 as my road car.

Loving the bike so far, just a pity it's getting near the bad weather, can't wait to get some decent runs on it in 2016 including my annual trip to the IoM TT :cool-new:

Cheers
Colin

Ok that piqued my interest.

I think you drove in BTCC in '97 but with a '94 320... that's my guess. Am I right?

Welcome btw.

Hi Alex, you are correct - it was '97 that I raced BTCC as a privateer, but the car was a '95....mega experience, the car just wasn't competitive enough to challenge the works cars (and my budget was a lot smaller !)

The S1000RR is quicker than a touring car !! In a straight line anyway haha

Thanks for the welcome...

You need to update Wiki ;)

Notice much physical difference from the 600 to the RR?

Hi Colin, Great to see another BMW addict getting their fix. Also do the annual pilgramige to the TT, makes you realise what these machines can do. Hope to see you around, have a friend from Falkirk whose is on this site too, you may know him.

JimmyMac

Welcome to the site - I too bought mine last December as ex management bike with 1197 miles on it. They must be told to restrict the mileage they do on them. Mine is all packed away now for winter as like you say the weather is changing. I too am BMW fan having just traded in my BMW compact for a 1 series coupe 135i very pleased with that.
I imagine the M3 is very quick as well....

Nice friendly forum this - I feel welcome already !!! JimmyMac - I saw your red HP4 parked at Sulby Bridge this year at the TT.....well I'm presuming you are the only red HP4 about !!

Who is your friend from Falkirk ?

Welcome, I'm JimmyMac's mate from Falkirk. Hope you enjoy the bike and your more than welcome to tag along with my mates and I next Spring.

No probs , I came from a 20th anniversary blade , and one of my mates has it now. Yep think he will probably be the only one , nobody else that daft !

Hi and welcome aboard, you will enjoy the info and banter on this forum. I still haven’t completed many miles on my RR and being a fair weather rider wont ride again until spring 2016.

Ah, the IOM I have fond memories of early morning runs across the mountain section at insane speeds with friends.

Unfortunately, not on an outright sports bike or RR due to the distance and my wife riding pillion. For this reason I have a ZZR1400 which after a little fettling (replacement Olin rear shock and reworked front folks by MCT fitted with Dunlop Roadsmart 2) kind of does most things reasonably well two-up.

When my mate and his wife come up to visit from England, they trailer their bikes (RR & HP4) as opposed to riding them up to stop squaring their tyres.

I have considered renting a van and taking my RR to the IOM, what’s your thoughts?

Hi and welcome aboard, you will enjoy the info and banter on this forum. I still haven’t completed many miles on my RR and being a fair weather rider wont ride again until spring 2016.

Ah, the IOM I have fond memories of early morning runs across the mountain section at insane speeds with friends.

Unfortunately, not on an outright sports bike or RR due to the distance and my wife riding pillion. For this reason I have a ZZR1400 which after a little fettling (replacement Olin rear shock and reworked front folks by MCT fitted with Dunlop Roadsmart 2) kind of does most things reasonably well two-up.

When my mate and his wife come up to visit from England, they trailer their bikes (RR & HP4) as opposed to riding them up to stop squaring their tyres.

I have considered renting a van and taking my RR to the IOM, what’s your thoughts?

For me half the fun of the TT is getting there and back on the bike - one of my mates suggested the van option but we knocked that on the head.....

Thanks for all the welcomes guys.......this is a great site and has already cost me money lol - I've bought a new Austin GP1 from mibridger :peaceful:

Yep, you snooze you lose!

Get a pic up of the new can when you fit it, just to rub it in lol :smiley_simmons:

Back