S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to the forum!

I hope you have many great times ahead with your new steed!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi BBL.. yes thats easier ! Welcome in friend.. so where you from..tell us more.

Cheers. Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

New member. New Bike Issues!

Hello everyone, I have just bought an S1000rr after many years of being unsure. Im so pleased with it, but it has a few little problems that I want to iron out to make it perfect! and I was hoping you petrol heads on here could help direct me?

Problems Consist of, re-powder coating the wheels. They have been sprayed in a fantastic colour but very unprofessionally in that it was just wet sprayed ( no primer etc)
This has resulted in it peeling off! Ive found a great place that will respray with 3 year guarantee, the problem is finding the exact colour code to match the existing.
Is there a company or something I can take a Sample ( of the peeled paint ) to electronically scan and produce me with a code. Or should a Good wheel respray garage include this in their service?

Another issue is tyres, these on at the moment seem to be in good condition over all and feel fine to ride with the very limited milages I have covered so far. However, looking closely at the very edge of the tyre, front and rear. the rubber looks sort of shredded and distressed for maybe one 10/15 mm inwards.
Is this because it has been ridden very hard knee down ect or infact the polar opposite? There Diablo SuperCorsa. Are these good? does anyone else use them? What the best recommendations?
Any advice much appreciated.

Ryan

Hello and welcome.

Super corsas are ace. Sounds like they have seen some spirited riding. As long as it's not squared off and still has tread you will be fine.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Im from Sunny Essex! Have had many sports bikes over the years but first BMW and first !000cc bike. Great stuff!

Bike is 2011 in Thunder Grey. Wheels are gold which sounds strange but contrasts brilliantly.
Thanks will try now

Ah right, if it isn't a BMW colour scheme then that link will be as useful as a chocolate teapot. :(

Maybe I didn't make it very clear in the original description the wheels are a non standard, after market Gold colour which is why its so difficult to Geta colour code match. But thanks for that link Soofsayer! thats brilliant might order some for fairing touch ups if ever needed !

Is it just the wheels that are gold or do they match to something else on the bike?

Latest posts

Back