S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrb_100

Reaction score
New to all this forum stuff been watching and browsing for a while and seems all good

Own a 2012 bluefire s1000rr and loving it so far looking at going for the new 15+ model or possibly the hp4. Thoughts guys šŸ™‚

Hi Mrb, rare beast indeed that you have, excellent colour. Where are you from my friend?

Welcome from Scotland.

JimmyMac

Yeh dont see many to be fair beautiful colour gets some real attention. cannock im from in the midlands area bud.

Roads here not as great as scotland šŸ‘ŽšŸ¾

Brett

Welcome mate, I love that blue colour too, I've had a gen3 for over 2 years now, absolutely superb bike and a step up from the gen2 I owned before with the main benefits being roomier riding position, DDC, faster throttle response, autoblipper (worth changing for that alone) and cruise control.

Welcome along - Cannock eh.. you have the A38 not far from there - thats about as curvaceous as I tend to be comfortable with :) The HP4 is indeed a classy bit of kit from what I've seen/read but the 2015 is close enough for most people, unless you like the exclusivity and don't mind paying for it. I bet you could get a 2015 for about 10k but a HP4 would cost you (maybe) 50% more.

Its a bit of a tough one to be fair, prefer the look of my gen2 but with the gen 3 tech it is tempting.

Yeh by speaking to the guys at motorrad seems the 2015 really is pretty close to the hp4 and theres not much in it..dont plan on changing again if i do..100% for keeps so wont mind spending that little bit extra

Ill be tempted later on in the summer alex Got a few trips to get out of the way first šŸ˜

Would uplod a picture but im struggling here lol

Sorry you can't do pics till your username changes to green (colour).

We have manual steps to verify new accounts and only one person has the key currently. When Soofsayer says hello you will be allowed to post pics. Sorry but it's a great way to stop spammers dead.

Hi Brett. Welcome to the forum. I'm currently out and about so will approve your account later today as it's not possible off the phone.

I like the blue very much, as rare if not rarer than the hp4.

Hi Brett. I like the blue too.. quite unusual to see one at all if ever up here. Welcome aboard mate.

Stuart

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Brett

Welcome to the forum and lovely bike!
I think that blue is the best colour BMW has done thus far.

As for HP4 vs 15, I have a 15 and it's fantastic!
The 15 > model bikes have a full ride by wire throttle, the auto blipper and a configurable "user mode" which is great, so I'd personally go for a 15> in future.

Hope you have loads of great times with your SThou and enjoy the forum!

Oli

Yeh dont see many to be fair beautiful colour gets some real attention. cannock im from in the midlands area bud.

Roads here not as great as scotland ļ‘Žļ¾

Brett

Served my time at RAF Cosford just along the road, had a few nights in the Winking Frog back in the 80's.

JimmyMac

Latest posts

Back