New member introducing myself......

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi

Just joined the forum and looking forward to perusing the various threads. I currently own a 2013 HP4 Carbon and a 2017 BMW GSA. I missed not having a sports bike in the garage (and riding it) and looked around for a good HP4 Carbon. Found a 2013 model with less than 4,000 miles on the clock in excellent condition so I bought it. I had a 2012 S1000rr and did 14,000 miles in one year and absolutely loved it. The GSA is my main everyday bike and the HP4 comes out when it is dry and and I get to experience the full madness (up to a point).

I have had both bikes "Hilltopped" and got 14 more BHP at the rear wheel on the GSA and 10 more BHP at the rear wheel on the HP4 (192 now with the cat still fitted), as well as more torque on both bikes and a smoother BHP and torque curve than before.

I live in Oxfordshire and retired in November last year, so lots of time to ride my lovely bikes; I did the North Coast 500 in June on the GSA and loved it.

The HP4 is a very special motorcycle and I will use it sparingly but will enjoy every mile.

That's it for me, please be gentle with me!

Ian

Welcome to the Forum Ian.. will be out your way on Sunday if you fancy meeting up at some point......

You will find a friendly bunch here... not sure about the ones here that speak funny and are from up norf though..... :)

Hi there,hope you weren't up west coast same time as me,had a rain soaked weekend middle June in Applecross when rest of country was basking in sunshine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Ian, welcome to the forum and congratulations on the hp4.

I have the same bikes as you the only difference is my GSA is a 65 plate, planning on the 500 next year I think. I'm a decade and some away from retirement so holidays get counted!

Spent a chunk if my early life in Oxford at uni and around the place, welcome to the clan.

Hi IMORTAL_Indian

Thank you for the warm welcome. A small group (3-4) of us are out on Sunday heading to the Super Sausage Cafe in Towcester for a late-ish breakfast. Two of us will be leaving Abingdon at 0930 and meeting up at the Super Sausage around 1030. If you want to join us, you are more than welcome, just let me know where and when you want to meet up.

If not this time, it would be good to join you on rides out from the Surrey area.

BTW, sadly, I am from very much up North (Scotland), do speak funny but have worked out how to tone it down for my Southern friends.

Let me know either way.

Ian

Hi RRoss

Yes, I encountered rain that only the West Coast of Scotland can deliver on my detour to Oban (loved Oban). The rest of the trip was mixed but on the whole, I loved it despite the weather. Fair play to you doing the west coast on the S1000RR, it is a fantastic bike and much comfier than it would appear to be. What tyres do you recommend for the typically Scottish weather?

Ian

Jay

In Abingdon, only 15 mins from Didcot. Let me know when you are around and if you fancy a trip out around the cotswolds, I know a few interesting loops.

Thanks for the post.

Ian

Thanks soothsayer.

NC 500 was awesome, i have been lucky to retire early(ish) and definitely enjoying both bikes. York is also a fantastic place to live, there must be some great roads to ride around you, I must do some sometime.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Ian

Welcome to the forum Ian and congratulations on your fantastic HP4 Carbon and GSA set up!

I'm very glad you're happy with the Hilltop ECU flashes you've had on your bikes as I am thinking of going down that route in future too rather than a fuel module as I currently have.

As Immortal Indian has said it is indeed a very friendly forum with some very knowledgeable people.

You certainly have a fantastic garage of bikes, and I hope you have many happy miles ahead you :)

Congratulations also on your retirement, may you have many happy and healthy years ahead of you :)

Enjoy the forum,

Oli

Hi RRoss

Yes, I encountered rain that only the West Coast of Scotland can deliver on my detour to Oban (loved Oban). The rest of the trip was mixed but on the whole, I loved it despite the weather. Fair play to you doing the west coast on the S1000RR, it is a fantastic bike and much comfier than it would appear to be. What tyres do you recommend for the typically Scottish weather?

Ian
I'm still running the s20 evos the bike came with,not a bad tyre tyre for all weather. Would like to try supercorsas but like my weekend away trips and I'll ride no matter what the weather,so booked in next week for Rosso corsa 3s,allegedly pirellis do it all sporty tyre. Metzeller m7 rr also highly recommended for all weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the NC500 (slightly tweaked) last week on the S1000 with M7RR's.
The weather was a good mix of seasons & both bike and tyres were outstanding, only second to the scenery.
And I agree, this is a great forum.

Oli

Thanks for the welcome. Hilltop did a great job, very happy with both bikes. Thanks for the congratulations, I plan on riding and enjoying the bikes for many years ahead.

Ian

Welcome to the Forum!
The HP4 is a beautiful bike!
I did the North Coast 500 in May (on a push bike!) fantastic scenery...would have been a lot easier on a motorbike!

Hi Farenheit

You are right, the HP4 is a beautiful bike and I do like looking at it in the garage! Fair play though, doing the NC500 on a push bike is an exceptional achievement, as you said, a lot easier on a motorcycle...........you did an amazing job. Thanks for the kind welcome.

Ian

Hi Ian, welcome to the site. Boringly I have a GSA and HP4 Carbon setup too albeit mines is a 30 Yr Twin cam. Love adventure riding, on and off road.

You will love this forum and it is head and shoulders above the ukGSer site which seems to breed narrow minded racists and homophobes.

Keep getting the miles in and enjoy this forum and your bikes.

JimmyMac

Hi JimmyMac

I do get your point about the ukGSer site, it can get a bit
weird on there at times........Thanks for the warm welcome. I just love both bikes and am at my happiest she just riding them.

Cool bike BTW.

Ian

Latest posts

Back