New member hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon all,
So then. Bought a new S1000RR sport on Saturday, just ticked off 400 miles and will make that 600 miles by visiting me Mum tomorrow. 1st service booked for later this week. Rather curious to see what happens above 7000rpm!
Previous bikes:
KTM RC8R which I bought Feb 2016 and to which a I said a sad goodbye on Saturday. Put 11K miles on her in just over a year, but had enough of cleaning orange wheels twice a week and the twin experience, not to mention bored with being duffed up by S1000RR on trackdays over the past year... If you can't beat 'em...
Previous to that had a Speed Triple 12-plate.
Previous to that had a mid-life crisis.
Previous to that had 20 years without a motorbike
Previous to that had a Yamaha TDM 850 for a couple of years in London and which took an exit along with my driving license after some youthful exhuberance on the way down to Brighton
Previous to that I did my CBT and test on a Yamaha DTR 125.

Usual stuff then.

Hi Huge, welcome to the forum :).

Nice intro. It goes mental when the limiter is off hehe. Dont tell your mum, lol.

Welcome to the forum. Do love the RC8R.

You need the forged rims, they are impossible to clean thus there's no point :/

Hello mate, welcome...just got my restrictions off... geez! Where you based?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome chum; I know everyone else is wondering so I'll ask - exactly how exuberant? :)
Hi Amadeus. It was all a very long time ago (can't go that fast on a Yamaha 850 anyway!). What I will never forget though, is the bloodshot eyeballs of the copper who chased me down. We calculated that from the flyover roundabout where he spotted me to where he caught up with me, he must have been doing well over 150mph. Souped by Vauxhall Cavalier I recall. To catch lil old me on a rattly jap twin barely making the ton.

Latest posts

Back