New member - Collecting new bike this weekend!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david1275

Reaction score
Hi All

A new member - and a new bike!!!

I'm changing from a 2015 R1200 GS Triple Black to a S1000RR Sport, Motorsport colours, Performance Pack and Forged wheels. Possibly one of the last before the 2017 models come out.

Collection date is this Saturday - I can't wait.

Will do an update when I have the new beast.

Regards David

Welcome David - quite the departure in model but there's plenty of GSA owners here (many lucky enough to have both).

Which part of the country will you be roaming on the new beast?

Hi David, welcome to the site from a fellow GSA owner, couldn't live without one. The new RR is awesome though and I'm sure you will love it.

JimmyMac

Thanks for the welcome. My current bike is a 2015 GS Triple Black and before that a 2010 GSA. I've always wanted a RR so thought now as good time as any! My other bike (I'm keeping) is a new Vespa PX 70th Anniversary. It makes a good choice - just need to remember which one I'm on when accelerating.

I'm from Essex, a proper Essex boy if you like. :biggrin-new:

Welcome David, been riding my GSA today :), you're going to love your new RR, quite a contrast in bikes, why the change?

Thanks everyone. I would like to keep the GS as well but funds don't allow both I'm afraid. I've always felt the GS Triple Black was not a "proper" one as its not a GS Adventure. I did originally plan to get the new GSA Triple Black but wanted a complete change. I'm not a speed demon by any means so looking forward to the new experience. Rain mode first, me thinks....

Stick in race mode Dave, you'll be running it in anyway for the first few hundred miles, you'll find the latest RR very easy to get on with

Hi David, welcome to the forum and thankyou for your support :).

Congratulations on the new bike. I am fortunate enough to have a '16 MY GSA to compliment an HP4. Both great bikes for different reasons and for different adventures.

Please have a look through the forum section on premier member vendor deals as you may save some pennies when your new bike arrives and you start tinkering lol.

So looking forward to getting the bike, let's hope we have a good dry day on Saturday. We need to get the first 600 miles done Asap!

Hi All, Sorry did not come back over the weekend. We had friends over from Spain so it was a short trip out to collect the new one and then straight home and into the garage! I've only done about 25 miles but they were 25 brilliant miles. Will post some photos during this week and hopefully a fuller update this weekend.... David

Latest posts

Back