New here

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasezxr

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, this is my first post i joined here as im thinking of upgrading next year from my hrc cbr1000rr to the s1000rr sport. Mainly going to read through some usefull posts and do some research before i buy and forums seem to have the most useful info.
Im 33 years old and a cnc miller and lathe programer/operator. Ive been into sportsbikes from 2007 mainly kawasaki.
The blade i have atm is really good all rounder but as with most bikes after serveral yrs its nice to upgrade for better performace.
I do find the riding position on the blade abit to upright and the pegs are too far forward, smooth power curve but not the most power for a litre bike.
Thanks for accepting me on the forum
icon10.png

Hi there,I thought I'd seen that user name before. Had my s1krr a year now after trading my blade in and best decision I've ever made.
The bmw does everything the blade could,just so much better. It really is the ultimate all rounder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum jasezxr!

Yea you definitely can't go wrong with an RR, they've got to be the most versatile Sportbike available ... certainly one of the fastest lol!

Oli

Do you make bike parts milling?
I use Solidworks to design components for the race team but CAM, prototype and manufacturing set up cost a fortune. If you are getting 16 17 bike I have all of my part files.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

The company i work for doesnt make bike parts really, maybe a one off part here and there.
I will be looking at getting a 2017 2018 s1000rr. I have made a few things like ss caliper pistons, fork spring compressors. I would like to make more parts but its finding the right grade of materials and time atm. plus im not doing much to my current bike no point when i will sell it next year or trade in.

Lathe programmer/operator, takes me back a bit, when it was all manual lol !
You had a road test yet? If you do you will get one sooner rather than later :hypnotysed:

No not yet, waiting for a few changes to happen in my life. Like a pay rise etc.
but i may test ride in a few months as my mate now wants one aswel lol

Welcome along.
I wouldn't test ride one until you're going to buy as you will just torture yourself until then!
The Blades a great bike and I had an RR9 for 3 years but the BMW is awesome.
Enjoy when you get it :loyal:

Latest posts

Back