New bike dilemma

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

Sasstig

Hi guys,
just sold Panigale 1199 and in process of buying a black 2013 S1000rr which I love black and I'm torn between the new 2017 S1000rr but i just don't like the new colours. So really can't justify paying an extra ?2000 but the 2017 is amazing

what you think guys
sasstig

If you haven't purchased the 13 plate Gen 2 yet, then why not consider a 15 or 16 plate black Gen 3?

The 17 plate bikes are functionally identical with the exception of Euro 4 compliance and ABS Pro (cornering ABS)

If you're contemplating buying a brand new bike, then it would also be worth bearing in mind that there may very well be a heavily revised S1000RR for MY 19

Only 2k difference between a gen 2 and a 2017 ? Thats either a very cheap 2017, or a very expensive gen 2.

But as the guys on here have already said - gen 3 all the way. If needed you could have the bike painted if you really disliked the paint job.

I would advise to go for the 2015-2016 model, in black if that is your preference.

As stated above its literally the same as the 2017, without the Euro 4 stuff.

Just make sure its a sport model if you are going for the 2015-2016 model so it comes with all the trick bits. Dont actually believe they sell many non sport models according to my local BMW Motorad dealer.

My 2015 is the best bike I have owned by a country mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only 2k difference between a gen 2 and a 2017 ? Thats either a very cheap 2017, or a very expensive gen 2.

But as the guys on here have already said - gen 3 all the way. If needed you could have the bike painted if you really disliked the paint job.

I agree. That was my dilemma earlier this year. Motorsport colour would have meant I'd STILL be waiting for it. The 3rd gen sport now comes with all the gubbins thrown in, I expect because they're planning a 4th gen soon and need to keep sales going until they can charge an arm and a leg for all the options again.
I'm gonna give mine a paint job when I've got some spare cash or when I next chuck it up the track.
I find I'm not really paying that much attention to colour schemes when I'm sucking rabbits out of hedges anyway.

I bought a 2016 (used with ~1,050km) in early 2017 as the new 2017's sounded dull/muffled and lifeless from what I heard in a BMW showroom start-up and low-rev compared to the 2015-2016 versions.
Plus, the 2017's have a welded cat so you can't easily get rid of that Euro4 cat box arrangement on a 2017 if that is an issue for you (was for me, but just personal preference really).
I also prefer the different Akra slip-on options for the 2015-2016's...again, personal preference only.

Either way, they are a fantastic bike and the best handling I've experienced so far.

Latest posts

Back