Need urgent help - Buying UK S1000RR in Sweden

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cynic

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I came here to see if theres anyone that can help me.
Im about to buy a used S1000RR 2012 here in Sweden. Its imported from UK and they are selling it to a pretty decent price compared to other similar bikes here.

Its a 2012 model, has been used for 6000km.. thats like 3700 miles i think. Looks great and they say its in perfect condition.... buuuut.. theres alot of horror stories about imported crashed bikes that they fix and sell here.

They showed me some kind of certificate.. thats supposed to confirm that theres no such problems with this bike.
Its called HPI CHECK and has been made by Cooper Sunderland BMW Sales.
Anyone know how reliable this is?

Dont know if its possible to track the old owner in UK and hear with him? =P
Anyone that can see anything from this HPI paper that can be of any use?
BASSE.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/89izlhllt586lze/BASSE.jpg

Truly thankful for any help here.
//Bassoli

you have the uk registration and vin number so now you can do your own hpi check , it costs about £29

Thanx for the reply! On the image, what are the VIN number and UK registration number?

Thanx for the reply! On the image, what are the VIN number and UK registration number?
The Uk Registration number is RF61NSE and the number in the next box on the right starting WB1052**** is I guess the VIN Number, for a regular HPI check you only need the UK Registration number.
As the last check was done in March I would pay for a new check.

Good Luck

Ok ill try to do one. Found this Place http://www.hpicheck.com/. Sorry for the stupid questions.. but we dont have those in Sweden =) So its possible to check that bike even tho it was exported to sweden?

Sorry, forgot to mention that the VIN number is short for Vehicle Identification Number. If the bike has been registered in Sweden you will also need this number to check it out.

I did a HPI Check.. guess it looks ok. But i really wish i could Contact the old owner and ask him =D The information we hold
Vehicle Description

• MakeBMW
  • ModelS 1000 RR
  • Engine size cc999
  • Engine number42118023
  • FuelPetrol
  • Body planMotorcycle
  • ColourBLUE
  • Gearbox
  • Number of colour changes0
  • Last colour change date
  • Year manufactured2012
  • Current keeper acquired on23-Nov-2012
  • Date of first registration in the UK14-Feb-2012
  • Number of keepers before current keeper1

• VRM not recorded as exported
  • VRM not recorded as scrapped by DVLA
Vehicle Ownership
There are many circumstances where the 'owner' of a vehicle is not the 'keeper' as recorded on the DVLA V5C document. These circumstances are described in more detail in the notes accompanying each alert register.

• Police stolenVRM and VIN not currently recorded by the police as stolen
  • Insurance theftVRM and VIN not currently recorded by insurers as a theft
  • Outstanding financeVRM and VIN not currently recorded as having outstanding finance
  • Security watchVRM and VIN not currently recorded as at risk on the security register
  • Plate transferVRM not recorded as having previous plates
Condition alert
This register warns that a vehicle has been subject to an insurance total loss claim, or 'written-off', because of damage or because it has been stolen and not recovered. For vehicles written-off since January 1997, the HPI Check provides insurer damage classification from Category A to Category D ranging from those vehicles which should never go back on the road to those which can be safely repaired. Category A and Category B vehicles are not permitted back onto the road. In the case of Category C the vehicle will have to undergo a VOSA Vehicle Identification Check (VIC) to validate its identity. However the VIC does not check the safety or quality of any repair. There are no restrictions on Category D vehicles being repaired. In addition, you will be advised if the vehicle has been registered with DVLA as having been scrapped. If you are considering purchasing a vehicle on the register, we strongly advise that you have it independently inspected by a reputable company for structural and mechanical integrity prior to purchase. For further information see FAQ
Condition inspected
This register was introduced in 1990 and gives details of 'written-off' vehicles that have subsequently passed an independent structural examination. The inspection will have been carried out in accordance with a specification agreed with the Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre (Thatcham). The seller may be able to provide an inspection report from one of the approved inspection companies. There may be a separate fee for this report. HPI Check will identify which company carried out the inspection and the reference number of the report. For further information see FAQ
Vehicle Condition

• Condition alert VRM and VIN not recorded by insurers as a 'total loss'
  • Condition inspected VRM and VIN not recorded as a repaired insurance 'total loss'
Document Check
Stolen V5C registration documents are in circulation. Any vehicle with a stolen V5C is likely to be cloned, rung or stolen. Provide the V5C registration document serial number and issue date and the HPI Check can confirm whether it has been recorded as stolen. For further information view example
It has not been possible to determine whether the V5 is one of the stolen documents in circulation. You must check and submit the serial number and issue date prior to purchase for your HPI Check guarantee to be valid.
Vehicle Documents

• V5 issue dateYou have not provided the V5 issue date
  • V5 serial numberYou have not provided the V5 serial number
Mileage Check
'Clocking' or turning back the mileage reading on a vehicle is a major problem in the UK, costing an estimated £100 million per annum. HPI operates the National Mileage Register[SUP]®[/SUP] (NMR), containing over 125 million recorded mileages. HPI cross-references all mileages previously recorded against the vehicle (if any) along with any mileage you provide, and advises you whether a discrepancy has been identified. You should ensure you provide an accurate mileage to avoid any false discrepancies. Click here for more information
You have not provided the current mileage so it has not been possible to check whether it is consistent with other data currently held on NMR.
Vehicle Mileage
No mileage discrepancy is currently indicated by the national mileage register (NMR).
You have not been charged for this enquiry.
Police Stolen
HPI Check provides information from the Police National Computer on vehicles that are recorded as currently stolen. These vehicles remain the property of the individual or organisation from whom they were taken. Never buy a vehicle on this register, because you stand to lose it, together with the money you paid for it. For further information see FAQ
Insurance theft
Each year 150,000 vehicle thefts are recorded by insurers. HPI Check will tell you whether a vehicle you are looking to buy has any outstanding insurance interest recorded against it, which may mean that you can't legally own it, however much you may ultimately pay for it. For further information see FAQ
Outstanding finance
Nearly two thirds of new vehicles sold every year are purchased using some form of finance agreement. Some of these agreements will grant the finance company an 'interest' (i.e. ownership) in the vehicle which you will need to ensure has been paid off by the previous keeper before you buy it. With over 7 million current finance agreements registered with HPI, you need to make sure that the vehicle you are buying is not subject to one of them. If it is, you can use the details provided to contact the lender and determine the current status of the loan and any interest the finance company may have. For further information see FAQ
Security watch
This register typically records vehicles at high risk of fraud or theft (e.g. hire cars, demonstrator vehicles and garage forecourt stock). The Security Watch register is primarily used by the Police, finance companies and the motor trade, to ensure that these vehicles can be traced if someone steals them or attempts to sell them fraudulently (for example - perhaps without first settling an outstanding agreement). The registering party will be alerted that an HPI Check has been made, and they should contact you within the next working day, but do contact us if this is not the case. Please note that you should not purchase a vehicle that is recorded on this register, unless you subsequently receive confirmation that it is all clear from either the registering party or us.
Plate transfer
This register indicates whether a vehicle has had a legitimate registration plate change since April 1990. People change plates to personalise their vehicles, but they can also change them to obscure a vehicle's history. HPI Check includes an enquiry check against all prior plates, to identify other interests that may still be associated with the vehicle you are buying. For further information see FAQ
Vehicle Ownership
There are many circumstances where the 'owner' of a vehicle is not the 'keeper' as recorded on the DVLA V5C document. These circumstances are described in more detail in the notes accompanying each alert register.

• Police stolenVRM not currently recorded by the police as stolen
  • Insurance theftVRM not currently recorded by insurers as a theft
  • Outstanding financeVRM not currently recorded as having outstanding finance
  • Security watchVRM not currently recorded as at risk on the security register
  • Plate transferVRM not recorded as having previous plates

Condition alert
This register warns that a vehicle has been subject to an insurance total loss claim, or 'written-off', because of damage or because it has been stolen and not recovered. For vehicles written-off since January 1997, the HPI Check provides insurer damage classification from Category A to Category D ranging from those vehicles which should never go back on the road to those which can be safely repaired. Category A and Category B vehicles are not permitted back onto the road. In the case of Category C the vehicle will have to undergo a VOSA Vehicle Identification Check (VIC) to validate its identity. However the VIC does not check the safety or quality of any repair. There are no restrictions on Category D vehicles being repaired. In addition, you will be advised if the vehicle has been registered with DVLA as having been scrapped. If you are considering purchasing a vehicle on the register, we strongly advise that you have it independently inspected by a reputable company for structural and mechanical integrity prior to purchase. For further information see FAQ
Condition inspected
This register was introduced in 1990 and gives details of 'written-off' vehicles that have subsequently passed an independent structural examination. The inspection will have been carried out in accordance with a specification agreed with the Motor Insurance Repair Research Centre (Thatcham). The seller may be able to provide an inspection report from one of the approved inspection companies. There may be a separate fee for this report. HPI Check will identify which company carried out the inspection and the reference number of the report. For further information see FAQ
Vehicle Condition

• Condition alertVRM not recorded by insurers as a 'total loss'
  • Condition inspectedVRM not recorded as a repaired insurance 'total loss'
Document Check
Stolen V5C registration documents are in circulation. Any vehicle with a stolen V5C is likely to be cloned, rung or stolen. Provide the V5C registration document serial number and issue date and the HPI Check can confirm whether it has been recorded as stolen. For further information view example
It has not been possible to determine whether the V5 is one of the stolen documents in circulation. You must check and submit the serial number and issue date prior to purchase for your HPI Check guarantee to be valid.
Vehicle Documents

• V5 issue dateYou have not provided the V5 issue date
  • V5 serial numberYou have not provided the V5 serial number
Mileage Check
'Clocking' or turning back the mileage reading on a vehicle is a major problem in the UK, costing an estimated £100 million per annum. HPI operates the National Mileage Register[SUP]®[/SUP] (NMR), containing over 125 million recorded mileages. HPI cross-references all mileages previously recorded against the vehicle (if any) along with any mileage you provide, and advises you whether a discrepancy has been identified. You should ensure you provide an accurate mileage to avoid any false discrepancies. Click here for more information
You have not provided the current mileage so it has not been possible to check whether it is consistent with other data currently held on NMR.
Vehicle Mileage
No mileage discrepancy is currently indicated by the national mileage register (NMR).

Are you looking to buy the bike from cooper sunderland? If you are then looking at their website they are an authorised bmw motorad dealer so you should be pretty safe, if you had any issues with the bike you can easily report through bmw channels

I bought my bike from cooper's sunderland and they are a authorised dealer and won't be selling a written off or stolen bike, if you want i could take a quick look at it if you like.

Hi guys!
Thank you :)

Buuut.. I live in Sweden, and im about to buy the bike that has been imported by a small company here.
I dont think its bought in Coopers Sunderland.. not sure.. but the HPI paper they showed me (linked to it up here) is supposed to been made by Coopers Sunderland.

I guess the bike is great, but its a 10 hour drive to get to the bike .. so im trying to find out as much as possible.
I would have loved to been able to find the first and only owner in UK and ask him about it. Is it a year on tracks or regular roads for example :)

If you are so concerned about it let it go and buy another.

Davy

Hi guys!
Thank you :)

I would have loved to been able to find the first and only owner in UK and ask him about it. Is it a year on tracks or regular roads for example :)

Therein lies your problem!
I did 6000 miles on track with mine,traded it at the local dealers.It was then sold to a bike dealer in Holland.

However,there was absolutely nothing wrong with the bike,looked lovely and never missed a beat.

Bought it, was really wonderful so i just felt stupid being worried like =)

Back