nasty vibration

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redmonster

Reaction score
so here is my problem.

when riding at a speed between 106 and 116. it gets gradually worse my bike has a nasty vibration that is really putting me off it.
i've checked tire pressures and if the rear wheel is aligned.

i would like some feed back from people on what you all think it could be before i contact Ocean BMW in Plymouth to see if i can book it in.

many thanks

Pete

I only ask as I had an SP-2 that felt like it was shaking itself apart above 120mph, turns out it was the tyre gunk the previous owner had in the tyres (I didn't realise it was there until I changed the tyres). With fresh ungunked tyres it was vibe-free.

Check your suspension settings.
My bike was fine when I ad the standard sport settings, but as soon as i set it up differently it started vibing badly just over 90.
Could also be wheel balancing

First thing I'd do is have a close check of your wheels and make sure there's not a sticky pad left where a wheel weight has parted company...

When travelling along at the speed that the vibration is bad pull in the clutch, if the vibration goes its coming from the engine, if its still vibrating it will be wheel balance

all sorted.
a wheel balance weight had come off. and where i go around roundabouts, i had worn more of the right hand side of the tyre than the left, so new rubber and a re-balance and its all good as new :race2_smilie:

Back