My mandatory welcome post

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greengriff

Reaction score
Afternoon everyone. I love sportsbikes and have owned both an original light crank 2010 S1000RR and a 2014 HP4. I also own an R1200GS a GSXR1000 and a ZX10R. I'm getting a bit old and creaky to ride sportsbikes on the road, so most road miles are on my GS, with my track miles and the odd Sunday ride being done on my sports bikes. I'm based in Wellingborough so have access to some great circuits within only a short drive (Silverstone, Rockingham, Bedford, Donington, Mallory), so I ought to do a lot more trackdays than I do, but that's all my life permits.

Anyway, I might as well use this opportunity to give a thumbs up to the bike people that have been good to me over the years, including Grant at Rad Motorcycles, Chris and others at Wollaston BMW, Liam at Corby Kawasaki. All of them are top blokes and come highly recommended.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Greengriff, nice bikes you have ridden, quite a few GS riders on here, myself included. Nothing wrong with being old and creaky, beats the alternative hands down.

Welcome.

JimmyMac

If the alternative is death then I guess you're right :). The last straw for me for long road journeys on sportsbikes was a ride to the west coast Wales in the freezing, p*ssing rain a couple of years back. I'd solidified into a racing crouch by the time I got there and would happily have torched my bike and claimed the insurance to buy a nice little car if I'd thought I could get away with it. Comparing that with long trips on the GS, which are like floating along being massaged by the under 21s Swedish girls' netball team, left me not in the least bit bothered about the extra power and handling of the s1k.

Hi greengriff and welcome to the forum.

Your previous thread about hilltop, and the reference to him in your welcome thread have been removed.

We had a problem with him a couple of years ago whereby legal action was threatened against a forum member and the forum for a post from a member that provided unfavourable evidence about tuning services provided. Because of that incident we do not allow any threads about said business on here as the views expressed cannot be uncensored, and I am not interested in promoting (for free) any business that cannot take the good with the bad.

Sorry that you have to receive a negative post here, but moving on, I hope you enjoy the forum.

Welcome! Nice to know a little about all our members, thanks for doing that :)

Do you track your RR in the UK only or further afield? We've a tally of Euro trips pinned to the Trackday meets section :)

Hi greengriff and welcome to the forum.

Your previous thread about hilltop, and the reference to him in your welcome thread have been removed.

We had a problem with him a couple of years ago whereby legal action was threatened against a forum member and the forum for a post from a member that provided unfavourable evidence about tuning services provided. Because of that incident we do not allow any threads about said business on here as the views expressed cannot be uncensored, and I am not interested in promoting (for free) any business that cannot take the good with the bad.

Sorry that you have to receive a negative post here, but moving on, I hope you enjoy the forum.

OK no worries.

Welcome! Nice to know a little about all our members, thanks for doing that :)

Do you track your RR in the UK only or further afield? We've a tally of Euro trips pinned to the Trackday meets section :)

Only ever in the UK. I'd love to do a eurotrip though. Like everything else in life it comes down to time and money I guess. I'll have a look in the Trackday meets area. Cheers!

Hi mate welcome to the forum. You should sign up as a premier member loads of benefits inc discounts and forum stickers.

Stuart

Sent from Galaxy S7

Latest posts

Back