Music!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I was out on a long (cold) road test today and I wondered how many of us listen to music while on the bike? So i thought id ask.

I listen to my iphone with a PackTalk bluetooth intercom. I mainly listen to rock music but recently i've been listening to the soundtrack from Guardians of the Galaxy (Awesome Mix Vol1) because its brilliant.

What do you guys listen to and how do you do it? :)

Can you get your pack talk to work with the ios app? Mine wont :-( And yes I listen to music, I have custom ear phones. As for what...erm varied. Hot Since '82 mixes...

- Sent from Mobile Device

Last edited:
I listen to music often , a fair mix , trance , rap , coldplay , sterphonics, chart rubbish too lol, I use bog standard cheap headphones, only thing I find is that it makes me ride like a bit of a t@#t some times.......

At a push I listen to the radio through helmet speakers when I am commuting on motorways. I wear earplugs, listening to music is impossible.

Can you get your pack talk to work with the ios app? Mine wont :-( And yes I listen to music, I have custom ear phones. As for what...erm varied. Hot Since '82 mixes...

- Sent from Mobile Device

Yea it works most of the time, Is your software up to date? I know mine isnt because up until recently they didnt support el capitan (mac os)

I listen to music often , a fair mix , trance , rap , coldplay , sterphonics, chart rubbish too lol, I use bog standard cheap headphones, only thing I find is that it makes me ride like a bit of a t@#t some times.......

Yea i get that sometimes, some songs make me forget where i am (public roads!)

Yea it works most of the time, Is your software up to date? I know mine isnt because up until recently they didnt support el capitan (mac os)
Yea i get that sometimes, some songs make me forget where i am (public roads!)

I meant the iPhone OS...there's an app but it's shite :/ I've logged a support ticket for that and I can't get the VOX to work either. Does it for you? I upgraded them to Firmware 2.2 via the website.

I purposely find more chilled music for biking!

I highly recommend custom earplugs with driver units built in, they fit perfectly, sound great and obviously double as earplugs. Trackdays I use std 3M Earplugs...not listened to music on one yet ;)

I meant the iPhone OS...there's an app but it's shite :/ I've logged a support ticket for that and I can't get the VOX to work either. Does it for you? I upgraded them to Firmware 2.2 via the website.

I purposely find more chilled music for biking!

I highly recommend custom earplugs with driver units built in, they fit perfectly, sound great and obviously double as earplugs. Trackdays I use std 3M Earplugs...not listened to music on one yet ;)

Yea thats what i was on about, the iphone app works most of the time but my packtalks software wasnt up to date because it wouldnt speak to my mac. I don't use the app because I ride lots of different bikes and it'd be a pain trying to mount my phone to each one haha I use siri if i want to change my playlist, and the controls on the unit are quite easy to use when you get used to it.

My vox works fine, a little too well, i turned it off 'cause everytime i sing along it turns the song off. Maybe it was trying to tell me something?? :)

I don't wear earplugs, but i am thinking of getting 'em now before its too late...

Ok just confirm, to VOX you click the Jog Wheel and say Music ON or Radio ON, right?

if you have vox on you dont have to press any buttons, just say something loud and itll stop playing and 'listen' to you so you could for example say 'PackTalk Radio ON' (i only used packtalk because if you said 'Radio ON' it might not pickup the first word)

I have a pdf of the manual saved in iBooks on my phone so i can check the manual on the go - Ill send you a copy if you like

On my scala you need to set vox as on and set the sensitivity. As Stephen says it should respond without buttons. Mine keeps doing stuff if I sneeze when it's on.

Hey guys,

I was out on a long (cold) road test today and I wondered how many of us listen to music while on the bike? So i thought id ask.

I listen to my iphone with a PackTalk bluetooth intercom. I mainly listen to rock music but recently i've been listening to the soundtrack from Guardians of the Galaxy (Awesome Mix Vol1) because its brilliant.

What do you guys listen to and how do you do it? :)

I love the howl off my 4 into 1 too much Stephen.... think ill keep my tunes for the motor

stu's phone

Last edited:
Sena SMH10 paired with my phone (Nexus 6P) in my jacket pocket. Last album I chose to listen to while riding was Iron Maiden - The Book of Souls. More recently I have been listening to random tracks from the albums I put on my phone to listen to when I had nothing better to do - seems to have set itself to shuffle somehow, and as I haven't ridden my bike much recently due to being winter, I haven't gotten round to sorting it out.

Used to listen to Planet Rock a bit, but got fed up of it dropping out whenever I lost data connection.

Latest posts

Back