Motrax rear paddock and bobbins

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fino

Reaction score
Shouldn't have sold the Abba stand before I got the bike but I did......

Wanted a rear stand so went and brought the Motrax SL17R rear stand as it was down from £40 to £25.

It don't fit the bike with R&G rear cotton spools!

The R&Gs are too wide/ long. With one side of the R&G centred, the other side of the paddock hooks can't stretch to the narrow/ centre part of the R&Gs.

Haven't tried using the underarm/ swingarm blocks nor do I want to.

I can either filed off some metal on the top of the actual stand (not by the hooks as these are near the support welds) to allow the separate hook part slide wider and sit flush.

Or change to shorter bobbins? - thinking the wider R&G must help just that little bit in case of a topple.

Can't be arse to get a different stand (it was either this or a Harris).

What rear bobbins have you got? and any suggestion for the shorter ones

Fino,

I have the same issue. If you have come up with a solution I'd appreciate a heads-up.

Much appreciated partner.

Wes

Easy solution, using a dremel I filed about 10mm evenly (or enough to on both posts to space out) of the raised channel to allowed the end of the hanger/ hook to actually sit on top of the post.

The filing away needs to be tapered at the ends due to the welds of the hook onto the bracket. Paint the bare metal afterwards.

Pleased with this solution as the end of the hook/ hanger is actually sitting and supported by the top of the posts, rather than actually hanging off the post (& relying on the welds to hold up)

Also I like this rear stand as it has 2 wheels per side which is more supportive.

Back