Motorsport colours....should they be removed?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossHarper

Reaction score
Just wondering others views on the Motorsport colours regarding whether BMW should do away with them on 2013 models and above due to the fact it's not actually relevant anymore since BMW no longer have a factory bike in WSB. And should they release a Goldbet colouring.

I will say I've never really liked the Motorsport colours but out of all the colours i've only been a fan of 3. 2011 yellow, 2012 red and white, 2012 blue. So i'm not being bias just against the overpriced blue and red stripe. And I also really like the black swingarm on the black 2012/2013 model.

I have a Motorsport coloured 2012, to me its the best colour scheme, but agreed I dont see why it £450 more, but then agian I think its the most common colour scheme I have seen.

I also think the 2012 motorsport colour is the best they got in the s1000rr but I do prefer the hp4 colours. I also would like to see a gold bet version

I don't see it, it's just white with a little dash of blue to eek another 500 notes. And as stated above it is the most common.

I usually have a paint job done on my bikes but I know it would more than likely lower the sell on cost of an S1000. My last ZX9 was dyno rod orange.

Try to separate what you like and what it costs, you cannot dislike something because it costs more. You either like it or you don't.

Personally I think the motorsport colours are the best, is it worth the extra, that's up to the individual and if as is said above it's the most common colour........looks like most of S 1000 riders agree.

Regards
Davy

Last edited:
It's difficult to put sponsorship on a factory like bike , sponsors change , BMW have used those colours for a while.
I also prefer the ms colours and I suppose its down to personal preference , I also wouldn't buy a black Ducati or a blue Ferrari the bare swingarm also looks better in my my opinion
There's more of them because its considered to be liked more than the other colours
Horse for courses I suppose

Did I say it was the fastest too ;)

I don't dislike it because of price. An extra £450 is nothing when I spent £15500 on my S1000.

You could make a case that most S1000 Riders buy it in motorsport colours to be more unique believing that because its extra there would be less of them, but in fact its opposite.

Haha ! I think the best ms colours were on the 1st wsb but it wasnt the same on the road bike? I think that the ms colours stood out more when seen on the road and the others blended in more. Worth the extra money? No.... Good job we have freedom of choice :)

Anyway this has gone off topic in the sense no one is giving an opinion on the question. Since BMW isn't in WSB anymore with these colours, should it be discontinued now and maybe bring in Goldbet colour scheme

Anyway this has gone off topic in the sense no one is giving an opinion on the question. Since BMW isn't in WSB anymore with these colours, should it be discontinued now and maybe bring in Goldbet colour scheme

No
The colours are traditional BMW M colours - not just WSB

Davy

its the closest to white without being white, you either like the light colours or the dark colours thats why you buy it, and no i dont think that they should release the gold bet it to technical for a design and like all race liveries i think should be done by the end user. can you imagine if everyone wanted one? its bad enough everyone wants the slow colour!!!

How many threads have ms coloured owners started saying they should stop making yellow/black/blue/red? Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder Ross :p

How many threads have ms coloured owners started saying they should stop making yellow/black/blue/red? Sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder Ross :p

I do actually..
Caused by a silver pug 306 on November 5th at 6:28pm 2006. Hurts when the weather gets cold to. (Funny how some dates and times can stick in your head just don't ask me the wife's birthday)

I think the MS scheme looks awesome, plus it matches my leathers! :D I'm most likely going to do the same colours on my new fairings when I get them.

Only colours I have liked have been the ms colours on the 2012 and the blue on the 2012. The original ms colours were alright but didn't like the front mud guard with the big stripe down the middle.

Best thing bmw could do is give there customers as much choice as possible so doing away with the most popular colour scheme wouldn't really be in there best interest would it.

didn't like the front mud guard with the big stripe down the middle.
Yep,that's why I changed mine for the HP carbon one ;)
I love the MS scheme and the blue one oh and the black one....wait a second I love them all ;)
But I had to have the MS because of the extra BHP lol :D

Back