Michelin Pilot Power 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ash700

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone had these tyres fitted yet, if so what do you think? They seem to get good reviews!

Cheers

Hi

Has anyone had these tyres fitted yet, if so what do you think? They seem to get good reviews!

Cheers

Yes i have them fitted and they are fantastic, i've done about 7000miles on the same set and they are still in great shape and that's with a lot of motorway commuting miles on them. I highly recommend them.

A guy here on BCF did a track review, pretty good.
http://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=3600938#3600938

Have you tried Pilot power 3, I had power pure and 2ct on my R1 and loved them, the power 3 gets some good reviews and I going to ask my local tyre dealer if I should try them on my HP4

Great m8 had mine four weeks loads of grip feel more confident and no there going to last twice if not three times more than k 3 race tech

They are only two or three months old so not as much hype as you would expect but I would say there on top of top three. Good thing is they suit more riding conditions inthe UK. They heat up well and seem to be doing the job so far

I'm currently running pirelli Diablo super corsa sp which are ok in the dry but looking at the tread patern I don't think they'll be that good in the wet and given the UKs weather and I ride in most weather I'd like some thing that is good in the dry and have confidence in the wet, that's why I'm fancying changing the pirellis for power 3 or power super sport (I think there called) but think the super sport will be similar tread to the pirellis

I'm currently on K3's. They have been good tyres but need to be warmed up properly before being pushed hard. They get warm on the road but no where near as warm they do on track, which is where they offer the best performance. In the wet, they are not too good. They never really get warm enough and probably lack sufficient silica, due to being a more performance orientated tyre.

The reason I ask about the PP3's is that I tried the 2CT's when they first ever came out (about 2008???) and as an all round tyre I was really impressed with them in pretty much all areas. Apparently, the Pilot Power Pure has been replaced with the Pilot Power III and from what I've read so far, they are much more preferred over the PPP, from tests already conducted, and are supposed to be better in all areas, than the 2CT's. They sound like a realistic option for road and the odd track day, so just wondered if anyone had given them a try. I guess it's early days, so I'll watch this space...

The other thing I'm seriously considering, is a spare set of rims; one with proper track focused tyres and the other with tyres which are designed more for sporty road use, including useage in the wet.

It doesn't matter which tyre you read consumer reviews about, there will always be someone who says it's crap. The reality is, there aren't many 'really bad' tyres out there for the latest bikes - horses for courses etc., and all tyres need a degree of warming up first!

If I go for the PP3's I'll report back with my findings...

Regards to all

Ash

Just changed the Pirelli Diablo super corse sp and had Michelin pilot power 3 fitted today, I`ll let you know what there like in a couple of weeks.

I have had Pilot Power 3's fitted on the bike for around 700 miles and they are superb, really grippy, warm up fast and give you more confidence cornering. Not sure about the wet though.

Jono

Just changed the Pirelli Diablo super corse sp and had Michelin pilot power 3 fitted today, I`ll let you know what there like in a couple of weeks.

I am thinking of doing the same and moving from the 200 rear tyre on my HP4 down to a 190. Interested to know how they feel on your bike and if you had any trouble with the TC. Those Super Corse's excellent on the track btw.

Back