Metzeller M7-RR anyone tried them

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu1888

Reaction score
Anyone tries these running Metz K3s at the min and very happy with them apart from av went tho a rear in 2 months. Tho that said its been fun llol seen these and never tried them as they new, anyone tried them an give me any thots on them? I know its a personal choice but hey ho ?

Yes I had seen the mcn review was just wondering if anyone had used them on the sthou or if they would be a step down from the K3s I am running at the min. And they say its a better design for the road and conditions? Plus the amput of rain we get here they say they are good in the wet lol

I'm guessing a step down from k3? did he mention sports/touring? suppose depends what you want from tyre I never use bike for commute and personally get no enjoyment out of riding in the rain so a sports tyre suits me!! I currently run supercorsas bsb's but if you after a bit of everything should try latest Rosso corsas they suppose to be good all round tyre, multi compound too so still soft on edges but harder in center

Yes was thinking that to Andy. I use the bike for a bit of everything tho I regularly give bike a good well into 3 figures rip ( obviously not on the queens highway) llol and no chicken strips so I would like them to be as good on full lean as the racetecs or as near as dam it tho I do use it in rain and going to northwest txt and bsb wsb and so on. I have has the super corsas and rossos on my last Ducati and wer great in dry but rain was very slippy on the supper corsas lol might just stick to k3 as I know I like them. If only it was nice an sunny all the time in Scotland lol thanks for the input anyways guy as always its much appreciated and valued :)

unfortunately living in this country every tyre has a compromise!! two sets of wheels would be ideal!! I'm not 100% but think k3 and supercorsas are essentially same tyre, pretty sure they come out same factory!!

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...e-new-sportec-m7-rr-tires-photo-gallery_1.jpg

http://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/ima...e-new-sportec-m7-rr-tires-photo-gallery_3.jpg

Thought this would make a good "touring" tyre. These types of tyres seem to be getting better and better, with good grip, but high mileage and good wet weather manners too. I do like the track day style tyres too with their minimal tread, they look the buisness, but not sure if I'd want to be hammering down a motorway in the pissing rain on 'em!

We came across these last year a mate got some after the tt they were the sportec rr same tyre as the m7 we used them on the race bike cbr600fw. But as far as the tyre goes they are fantastic on track oven when wet tonnes of grip. I want some more for my bike

We came across these last year a mate got some after the tt they were the sportec rr same tyre as the m7 we used them on the race bike cbr600fw. But as far as the tyre goes they are fantastic on track oven when wet tonnes of grip. I want some more for my bike

How did you manage that, they have only been released this month?

Like the advert says tested and developed from the TT :) last years when I first saw them I thought m5's but nope sport tec rr. There was a couple kicking around eBay last summer have to say after using them on track I wanted some for my s1k but like you said only just released.

Latest posts

Back