M Levers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajj

Reaction score
I installed the M levers but don't like the brake because it travels close to throttle grip, even with it adjusted to maximum span.
Is this normal?
I don't think it's a bleed issue as the oem lever did not travel back so far and felt firm, now spongey.
Any thoughts?

If you pump it does it change the span? Your wheel is in, blocking the pistons, right :)

Span does not change. Yes my wheel is in. 🙂
Can you change the plunger length, like the rear master?

Weird...I assume the fulcrum pin is sitting nicely and not only in at one end.
Got any photo's?

Yep.
No photos, but what would you like to see?
Will do pics tomorrow, as I'm going to dismantle and have a look.

Not really sure but maybe it will help add some context for others. The lever should be no different unless it's shape is wildly different to OEM

Yeah this is what I expected. I haven't ridden it since lever change, so if I get time tomorrow I'll take it out and see how it performs too.
Was thinking about swapping the bit that fits against the plunger but the oem cylindrical sleeve seems to be pressed in so difficult to remove.

Last edited:
OK, so my bad. I took the bike out yesterday and the brakes did seem to function correctly.
I think it was a case of being too excited after fitting them and yanking on them in a manner that you wouldn't in practice.
So all good, just need to get use to length of lever, which shouldn't take long.

Back