Luggage Options

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagwafu

Reaction score
Hi

Havent posted on here for a while as I am in the military and away a lot at the moment. However in July I'm going on a week tour of Europe and assuming its fun plan to do a lot more. I have read the various threads on here about luggage and it seems to boil down to the Ventura system vs all the other soft luggage options (Krieger, BMW Softbag etc).

So is the ?300+ for the Ventura system better value in the long run over the BMW Softbag2 at ?135 new or maybe a bit less second hand?

Or are there better soft luggage options? For only a week away I'm not sure I need the total capacity Ventura offers.

And can anyone tell me the size of the Airhawk that fits the S1K? Thanks.

2013 model btw.

Cheers

Got the ventura on mine quick and easy to fit. Bag off quick recommended. I think bm bag may be on small side for a week. Had over 170 with ventura no issues

Got the ventura on mine quick and easy to fit. Bag off quick recommended. I think bm bag may be on small side for a week. Had over 170 with ventura no issues

What bags have you got - the Mistral or Aero Spada/Delta (Combo or standalone?)

Plus you can move the Ventura kit to your next bike by buying some new "L" brackets - normally around ?90. Sell the old ones. The BM stuff I guess is bike specific.

Plus you can move the Ventura kit to your next bike by buying some new "L" brackets - normally around ?90. Sell the old ones. The BM stuff I guess is bike specific.

Good point. Although next bike will be the 2015 RR. Brackets the same I guess.

I have an Aero - with some clever packing I can get 10 days out of it :)

Is that the Aero Spada (51L) - is that enough for a week ? - I'm a complete newbie to touring.

I've got the big one and the smaller expandable one. Didn't really need the small one but was handy for water proofs etc and as i had it anyway plenty of space for a week. Will swop between bikes but you need to be careful width of racks varies. My gixxer stuff would not fit bm but ok on old fireblade

I've used Kriega 20+10 on my trips away. Is was in iom for 6 days in 2013 and that was plenty. You need to remember it's not like a normal holiday , you're on the bike most of the day and off it for a short time. I toured with that lot on a fireblade.

My 2p. I halve my luggage needs by booking accommodation mid trip that can do all my laundry overnight, so not carrying a weeks worth of everything, just 3 days. In my experience most decent guest houses on the continent will do this.

I'd try and avoid putting lots of luggage on the bike for touring, kinda spoils the handling and is a security pain in the arse if you want to park up and go and do anything bikeless en route.

I have the softbag2, it's fine, bit small but you could do a week with it at a push, there is a good thread on this forum on best ways to attach it. It will fit on most bmw bikes as it simply straps to the bike.

Thanks for the replies - most useful. A friend in my local facebook biker group has recommended the Jofama 52l soft saddlebag - anyone got any experiences of this?

No idea what the Jofama stuff is like - I had some Oxford soft pannier bags and had to get up an hour before everyone else each day when touring in order to fit the bloody things. Straps and Velcro all over the place. Hated them. Ventura bag fits in about 10 seconds flat. Yes- its the Aero Spada.

I m about to sell some ventura rails/rack and grab rail for a S1000RR as I ve just sold mine if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Back