Lower standard seat?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have just picked up my new S1000RR Sport and also went for the low M seat. Fitted it and to be honest the 10mm difference from standard isn't noticeable (at least not for me). Think I'll look at getting the standard seat shaved down. At least if it's uncomfy i've still got the M seat to fall back on.

Well, I managed to pick up a high seat m sport one off a member on here, the difference for me for comfort is way way better. I used to struggle on the standard seat even getting my legs bent at times (getting old now) but this one was way better, got my first track day of the year next month so hoping it helps me out there for my mobility on the bike. For everyday use, i forgot just how hard the standard seat is haha

Have just picked up my new S1000RR Sport and also went for the low M seat. Fitted it and to be honest the 10mm difference from standard isn't noticeable (at least not for me). Think I'll look at getting the standard seat shaved down. At least if it's uncomfy i've still got the M seat to fall back on.

Isn't the M seat firmer and has less give in it anyway? I was hoping for 15-25mm lower for a shaved standard seat.

Isn't the M seat firmer and has less give in it anyway? I was hoping for 15-25mm lower for a shaved standard seat.

Yes, it's definitely firmer. The standard is much softer and looks the better candidate for shaving down. I think 15-25mm is doable and would be ideal for me. Shame really as the M seat looks better.

Do you happen to know what the seat height would be when this is fitted. I'm looking for something that gives me less than 822mm (2023 sport model)

I'm afraid I don't know because the measurements given are for the R. It claims that the R seat height is reduced from 820 to 800, but I don't know how this translates to the RR.

I'm afraid I don't know because the measurements given are for the R. It claims that the R seat height is reduced from 820 to 800, but I don't know how this translates to the RR.

Sounds like a 20mm reduction from standard which would make it 812 on mine (832mm standard). Currently have the low M seat which is 822mm so that would mean a further 10mm lower. That sounds promising. Question is would the R seat (presumably your getting the 2020 one) fit my 2023 model.

Last edited:
Sounds like a 20mm reduction from standard which would make it 812 on mine (832mm standard). Currently have the low M seat which is 822mm so that would mean a further 10mm lower. That sounds promising. Question is would the R seat (presumably your getting the 2020 one) fit my 2023 model.

The R seat I'm getting is for the current R model (I think 2021 onwards?).

I don't know about the 2023 RR (my RR is 2020, so the previous generation). You could visit your dealer and ask them to physically check if the current R seat fits the current RR.

The R seat I'm getting is for the current R model (I think 2021 onwards?).

I don't know about the 2023 RR (my RR is 2020, so the previous generation). You could visit your dealer and ask them to physically check if the current R seat fits the current RR.

Yes I think you're right. I need to speak to the dealer to at least see if it fits. I'd be very interested to hear how it goes with you so please post back and tell us how it went.

Yes I think you're right. I need to speak to the dealer to at least see if it fits. I'd be very interested to hear how it goes with you so please post back and tell us how it went.

Yep, I'll let you know how much difference it makes, and if it all fits well. The dealer has promised that I can return it if it's not suitable.

Yep, I'll let you know how much difference it makes, and if it all fits well. The dealer has promised that I can return it if it's not suitable.

Sorry was talking bollocks before. Checked again and my standard S1000rr (2023) seat height is 824mm. My Low M seat is 814mm. Therefore with a 20mm reduction from the R seat I chould be looking at 804mm which is even better. Looking forward to your findings.

Latest posts

Back