Loving this bike.....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When you play around with the position make sure you have a spanner on the nut as you loosen the torx bolt going through the footrest or you'll shear it :smile-new:

I thought it was a captive nut at the rear? I only loosened it enough to adjust the position. I'll take a bit more care next time!

It's the Yoshi tail tidy ! Love it.... No cutting of wires just plug in

Where can I find the part number for them ? My mates daughter works for BMW and gets me massive discounts 😜

I don't know the numbers but there are only one kind of HP case covers.
How much can you buy a left hand side engine casing for lol

Put it this way, there may or may not have been a bit of loctite applied to the nut when mine were fitted, the mechanic who did it said he hadn't but when I went to loosen the rear brake side the bloody bolt sheared off as the nut tightened against the hanger as I turned it! A quick trip round the corner saw it quickly fixed foc and I now have probolts fitted but thought it was worth mentioning as I may have sworn a little at the time and as you know you can't get spares - not even the bloody bolts. BTW I've also noticed I'm catching the offside carbon heel guard with my boot as you mentioned on yours, not sure what the solution to that is apart from soft boots!

Last edited:
Put it this way, there may or may not have been a bit of loctite applied to the nut when mine were fitted, the mechanic who did it said he hadn't but when I went to loosen the rear brake side the bloody bolt sheared off as the nut tightened against the hanger as I turned it! A quick trip round the corner saw it quickly fixed foc and I now have probolts fitted but thought it was worth mentioning as I may have sworn a little at the time and as you know you can't get spares - not even the bloody bolts. BTW I've also noticed I'm catching the offside carbon heel guard with my boot as you mentioned on yours, not sure what the solution to that is apart from soft boots!

Yes definitely worth a mention as these things are costly if you have a problem. The heel guards look like they have been attacked with a grinder, awful. I didn't replace the carbon when I put the new rearset on as it would only last a few days looking good.

Back