Launch control

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mfservice

Reaction score
hi all hope your all well?
i know how to engage my launch control but have never used it as always been a little nervous of the effects so need some tips please is it a case of just dumping the clutch as people have suggested or is it a slow release? also is it advisable to set the dtc settings up as high as possible for slick mode when using launch control in order to avoid flipping my girl! i have read the section in the hand book but isnt the clearest. doest help i hate reading instructions

i know how you feel ive have had mine in launch mode a couple of times but haven't dumped the clutch yet as dont want to end up on my arse with my mates weak laughing, so just been doing it old school........... for now anyway lol

Last edited:
Release the clutch smoothly and quickly, but don't dump it. I tried that and the bike just bucked around, scrabbled for traction and limped off the line. At the end of the day all launch control does it keep revs at the optimum during takeoff, then controls traction as normal."

For the first couple of launches, just ease the clutch out and try to get used to keeping the throttle pinned (the most difficult bit!). Goes without saying, make sure you've got plenty of room in front!

The s1000 from 2010 to date has always had a 'grabby' clutch when trying to start quick, it's a well known problem trying to get it off the line. In racing I lose about 8 places from my qualifying position.
Just fitted an STM pack and WOW what a difference! No grabbing, no jumping, dead smooth....

Back