Kreiga 25 - un zipped it self on motorway

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumpy

Reaction score
Went out for a run yesterday, with a friend who had a Kreiga 25 twice it opened itself up and started to dump the contents on the motorway. First time I spotted it was when my spare clear visor went rocketing past me.

I spotted it as it had one of my old odd socks on it (washed of course). Anyway bye bye visor. We parked up and re packed the 25 and set off again. 10 minutes later it re opened again luckily I was keeping an eye on it and let him know before anything ended up floating down the motorway.

3rd time we tied it up - anyone else has a Kreiga open up on them - these are supposed to be the muts nuts ruck sacks....... We was not hacking it normal motorway speeds. WTF!!!

Sort of put me off Kreiga's ??

Cheers

Last edited:
Okay, don't think I'm teaching granny to suck eggs, but you are pushing the toggle on the zip down when it's zipped up? If it's really full and straining the zip, some zips are designed to lock solid when the little toggle is pushed flat. Might be if it's flapping in the breeze and the rucksack is a bit full, that it's enough to open it?

I honestly could not tell you as I did not pack it and was not wearing it. I do know when I did use it, I just zipped it close and had no issues. I did over 700 miles so I don't think that is it.

Flapping in the breeze: Thinking about it now possibly when he packed if he did not tighten the 4 straps that increase/decrease the size of the pack - causing the ruck sack to flap about, maybe that did it.

Ah well better buy another original Arai visor and pinlock.......

I lost all my stuff from my backpack one day (included my wallet) on a quick jaunt one day. After that the sewed on of the two zips to the lowest point other opening so i have to pull the other zip all the way to the bottom.

I figured out that when they were at the top the wind was just filling the pack up and pulling the zips apart.

Never got my wallet back. If you find it you can keep the tenner inside!

I lost all my stuff from my backpack one day (included my wallet) on a quick jaunt one day. After that the sewed on of the two zips to the lowest point other opening so i have to pull the other zip all the way to the bottom.

I figured out that when they were at the top the wind was just filling the pack up and pulling the zips apart.

Never got my wallet back. If you find it you can keep the tenner inside!

Can I use your cards in a few strip club too - ahem pin numbers :p

I been thinking about this some more. I used this same back pack for me recent jaunt 700 odd miles and i had no issues with. I am now starting to think that maybe the 4 straps that you can adjust for different amounts of luggage was not correctly set.

Here my thinking, when i borrowed it from my pal the 4 adjusters was set to their shortest, as he didn't carry much. I then borrowed it and expanded it to full as it was full. When he got it back he didn't adjust the straps and didn't have alot of kit in it.

Maybe as a result of this the bag was flapping around alot and that caused it to open, as he never had an issue with it when it was set to his load. and neither did i when i set it to the load i was carrying.

Sound plausible?

Never heard off that. And no problems with my 25 did not even open when I was sliding down the road on it at 70mph

Best bit of kit ever

I think now that it was the straps expanded to full with not alot in the rucksack causing it flap about, i am doing another run soon so will test it.

Cheers

Something like a paperclip through the toggles once its zipped up keeps it together. I was at the front on the way back from a meet and a mate said he tried to catch up and warn me I was losing stuff out of the back. Catch me? On a s1000rr? lol I lost the lot, oh, except my chain in the bottom lol. Lesson learned....

That's Funny, not losing your stuff but your mate trying to catch you....... yeah it seems "extra" care needs to be taken, a simple catch so it can be clipped closed or something........

Latest posts

Back