Knockhill trackday vids 28/05/16

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simonb

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
nice videos Simon, your a quick rider mate , what kind of lap times do you think you were doing? what tyres are you
using?

cheers David

Last edited:
Thanks David,

Had several laps in the 58s but will be aiming for low 58's next time out. I'm running the standard Pirelli Supercorsas which are ace!

Cooler with good grip

20160528_1044591.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
58s that's exellent mate , the best I was doing was about 60s to 61s.

Nice riding mate and some decent times. Did you have it in slick mode or do anything with suspension settings? How did the down shifter work on track?

Stevie

I had it in race mode all morning. Need to try slick next time. I've set my sag as per manual that's about it. I'm 75kg so preload is fully wound out. Need to work on tyre pressures too.
58's is a good pace for knockhill. Not sure how to get much faster except more ability lol

75kg!!? sh@t I might need to cut down on the pies and pints then lol am 104kg

Excellent morning yesterday on the BM. Rider and machine working well. Last 2 session rear tyre was sliding more and more as think pressures were too high as ambient temp increased. Will post some photos of the tyre after the sessions.
Take a look at the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY7RMHx5KTg Session 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDblOnnCFdQ Session 3

Thanks

Simon

Spot on that! I like the camera angle, any chance you could post a pick of your camera setup? All my video is shit? as the mount is always in the wrong place or the gopro wobbles all over. Nice riding!

Been stuck on 59's at Knockhill myself for the last 2 years. Timed using an Aim Solo and can manage that lap after lap on a 600 and a 1000 but can't seem to break it. I did however break my collar bone last year trying :)

Rys1000rr has put up some cracking reports on his track exploits, clearly knows what he's talking about and lots of info on suspension set up etc... He's put a lot of time and effort into understanding the suspension and finding the optimal settings for him, proper quick as well! Worth a read if you haven't already.

Your tyre here wear looks excellent anyway. Mines came with K3's fitted new, never tried them on track.

Thanks guys. I do try to stay smooth and fast. I appear to be short shifting but reality is its a 200bhp beast and it's hard work around knockhill.

I've read some of Rys1000rr posts so will browse them at my next opportunity.

I'm using a gopro hero 3 at 720fpm, nothing to fancy just a standard flat gopro mount at the front of the tank cover. Ideally need to be higher or on the front of the bike.

Thanks guys. I do try to stay smooth and fast. I appear to be short shifting but reality is its a 200bhp beast and it's hard work around knockhill.

I've read some of Rys1000rr posts so will browse them at my next opportunity.

I'm using a gopro hero 3 at 720fpm, nothing to fancy just a standard flat gopro mount at the front of the tank cover. Ideally need to be higher or on the front of the bike.

Simon - agreed, I was short shifting as well, especially on the railway straight, the S1000RR is a beast round Knockhill, I was fooked after a few sessions !!!

Back