K67 2020 Broken Rod Bearing Video

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Found this super interesting. Race engine threw a rod bearing on piston no.1. I've linked to the time in the video where it's revealed but I thought the whole video was interesting from the point of view of seeing the engine being torn down.

Yeah I was thinking our morning warm ups are even more justified now. Heat soaking the oil/components. But even then I think from what he's saying, lap 1, shouldn't be flat out.

I think warm up is very important. Morning I'll warm Up to 70/80 degrees and leave it sit for 20 mins. Then reheat ten mins before i heat out.

Helps that my bike won't rev clean till 60 plus degrees anyways. You have no choice

Top guy Ricky, very clever man and an amazing engine builder in the Audi world.

I knew him from my Audi days and we do talk a little on Instagram still he is great for advice with bikes and cars.

Yeah I was thinking our morning warm ups are even more justified now. Heat soaking the oil/components. But even then I think from what he's saying, lap 1, shouldn't be flat out.

generally after initial warm up there is 2-3 sighting laps where I keep the revs at 4-5k

i always run the bike up well before 1st session (at least 30 mins where poss) and make sure thermostat opens to get the cold water out of the rad (usually around 85c but is bike dependant) to warm everything properly, you can tell thermo opens as temp will drop for a minute or so. then 5-10 mins before 1st session bring it back up to 85c again. once bikes been run for a while, takes a long time to come back down so after lunch doesn't usually need another warm up, you can feel the heat still coming off the engine, unles it's been a long lunch or very cold weather wise

Latest posts

Back