K46 vs K67

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ajj

Reaction score
I don't know if it's just me but I found the K46 more exciting than the K67.
I'm not sure if it has something to do with the K67's shift cam, linear power delivery or maybe it just does everything really well. I do appreciate it is a better bike, maybe it needs a tune to spice things up.
Any thoughts?

it is more refined thats true, how the bike makes the power adds to the excitement. Depends what you are after really.

Having had both now I find it needs to be ridden in high rev range and I’ve put a 16T sprocket on the front

@stevo_swuk I suppose I'm looking for a little more pep. Maybe my expectations was too high coming from a late 2018 build bike to a 2023.

@alex I don't like messing around with gearing, unless it is really bad. If I was to change gearing I think I would try going up 1 tooth on the rear as 1 tooth on the front may be too much. I don't know.

@bananaman This is true but it would be nice to have a little more oomph in the lower rev range.

@cropsprayer So I'm not the only one that feels it's a bit lacking. Maybe I need to change my riding style because of the shift cam engine.

I think I answered my thoughts in the opening post. My K46 was great in standard form. I would even go as far as saying I had a good one off the production line. After it was mapped it was just awesome. 205whp and 89 lbs-ft. So maybe I need to do this. I have to also admit, I am enjoying having a quiet pipe.

The K67 is absolutely superior to the K46 having owned both. The K66 is far better again. Changing the gearing is simple and 16/43 is the norm for the K67, especially if you are doing trackdays. Shiftcam or not you need to be using the entire rev range to get the most out of it.

@stevo_swuk I suppose I'm looking for a little more pep. Maybe my expectations was too high coming from a late 2018 build bike to a 2023.

@alex I don't like messing around with gearing, unless it is really bad. If I was to change gearing I think I would try going up 1 tooth on the rear as 1 tooth on the front may be too much. I don't know.

@bananaman This is true but it would be nice to have a little more oomph in the lower rev range.

@cropsprayer So I'm not the only one that feels it's a bit lacking. Maybe I need to change my riding style because of the shift cam engine.

I think I answered my thoughts in the opening post. My K46 was great in standard form. I would even go as far as saying I had a good one off the production line. After it was mapped it was just awesome. 205whp and 89 lbs-ft. So maybe I need to do this. I have to also admit, I am enjoying having a quiet pipe.
I'm also 1 down on the front which brings in the power earlier

@Wull It is awesome. So went out at the weekend and changed my riding style, which did make a difference.

@fast_ryan I do appreciate/acknowledge the hierarchy of models. Yeah maybe I do have to accept change in gear ratios is what is required.

@bananaman Looks like that's the general consensus.

I detested the "handbrake" when manouvering out of my garage or up onto my bike ramp... both very different bikes I thought

Back