Just saying hi. Gloucester

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossHarper

Reaction score
Hello all. Just saying hi as a new member.

Had my 2011 Sport in Yellow 2 years in September. Never really thought about joining a forum for the bike before but tonight I thought why not.
IMGA0308.jpg

My newest photo, has had more mods done since this photo, including:

New front springs (I know you cant see them)
Decat Pipe
Watsen Design front indicators
DID chain
Renthal Sprocket
R&G frame plugs
Pazzo Racing brake and clutch levers (shortys)

In the photo you can see:

BMW OEM carbon front and rear wheel fairings
Black tinted screen
Polished Alloy hand engraved heel plates
Akra Stubby
Rim Tape (shhh... I like it)
R&G tail tidy
Smoked rear tail light with integrated indicators
R&G pillion blanking plates
Single seat cowl

So, thats my 4th pride and joy. Hello everyone.

Posted late last night so thought i'd add to my welcome message but couldn't find an edit button (me being blind?)

I've been riding since 16, I'm now knocking 30 this year. I don't have a car license so have always used my bikes all year round as my only means of transport, I will admit i'm not a fan of weekend warriors.
Had several bikes over the years, last few included a couple ZX9's and a VN900 Custom which I only recently sold. Kept the VN900 when I bought the S1000, was going to use the S1000 for fun and the VN for day to day but hadn't used the VN in over a year so wife decided I wanted to sell it.

I love my S1000 but it hasn't been without problems, the german quality hasn't shown itself in my RR.
Have had to have 2 parts swapped due to recall, new rear disc due to being under wear limit after only 3000 miles, new stand, clutch spring, pistons replaced on both front calipers, a couple more parts due to failure as well.

The bike doesn't seem to be suited for everyday hard use. The Pistons were damaged from road crud and salt after only 4300 miles, fuel cap has started to corrode, chain needed replacing after 5000 miles just to name a few.

Welcome mate....

Quick question for you, if i was to hand you £13,000 to purchase another litre bike would you get another s1000rr even with all its potential issues.....

Btw love the colour of your ride...

Hi Matt

Yes I would. When purchasing it in 2011 I was lucky enough to be paying cash and have no price limit, I test rode everything and the BMW was the best ride.

ZX10R
ZZR 1400
RSV 4 Factory
Blade
GSX
Busa

I even got a ride on a Panigale. But out of all of them the BMW was fault less on the test drive.

Back