jinxed or unlucky ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BONEY

Reaction score
Read all fantastic reports ,borrowed the cash +Blade & got 2012 bike brand spankin new ! Joined this forum & whooosh.... engine recall not even run in ! then almost fell over due to s/stand issue ! now got dreaded g/box issues ,cant find neutral & it really crunches in going down box ! Just had service so going back next week !
So please dont list any more probs as mines bound to get them !

I had the gear box issue (2012)and I crunched going down the box and sometimes going up it went in between gears. Put it in and they said they could not find anything wrong. I said bollox they said we will strip it and see. They said couldn't see any fault I said bollox. long story short they eventually found fault and when I picked it up they showed me a box of parts they replaced. The bike hasn't missed a beat since, mind you I no longer use the qshifter as I believe that was half the problem. I absolutely love my bike and I know it has it's faults such as the side stand and rear sprocket carrier however it is miles better than any other I have had. I have just sold a 2010 blade which burned a litre of oil per 800 miles from new ! it had an intermittent problem whereby it would randomly drop a cylinder also which cost me bundles in people saying it was a pcv issue. Honda didn't want a bar of it and compared to bmw were a night mare to deal with. I have a k5 1000 for a track bike and after being on the s1000rr for ages and hitting the track on the k5 I am convinced it has an engine issue and then realise that is the power difference. I had an 08 zx10r which had a great top end but didn't compare to the s1000rr. my s1000rr has a strange power, more like a two stroke. It spins up so quickly and puts a grin from ear to ear ! My mate has a big bang r1 and the build quality is superb ! The bike is like a bus compared to all my bikes and it lacks power at the top however the low and mid range is nuts. My blade when it was running good was a beast and when tuned and setup right was insane however the quality was poor and the top not as good as the beemer. I believe the beemer is the best all round 1 litre bike by far. The one bike I haven't ridden is the latest zx10r and I am told it is down on power from the previous model but the chassis is sweet. I would like to test ride one for sure however I am nursing a bennetts fracture with two pins for another couple of weeks and then back on the road at last !!:)

I test rode a new zx10r last week, Nice bike compact and easy turning, the thing i could not get on with was once at the apex of a corner and getting from no gas to gas there is no smooth take up it just upset the bike mid corner. took the bike back to the dealer told them my thoughts. got 2 different explanations from two sales men. 1 its because its only doe 600 miles it will bed in 2, its because its got a can on it? my mate has one and his is exactly the same.

Just bad luck mate, at least your rocking now!

Nothing unlucky or jinxed about your bike, its just how S1000RR ownership goes.
Currently i get false neutrals.
I've had both side switch gear replaced and the fuel cap due to corrosion. there are many other issues with the S1000RR

Just a note......did you pay top dollar for your recall applicable bike? I was led to believe the dealers were not allowed to sell them on as a new bike, they had to have the dealer registered as the first owner and the recall work carried out. Or should I say that is the story I was told by my dealer. I got a great discount due to that very recall. I suppose if you owned the bike prior to the problem surfacing then yes you are unlucky!

Damo,
You've rode every bike going??, how do you compair rsv4 factory, in terms of performance handling and quality to to s1000 as theses are my top 2 bikes I'm looking at buying one , I'm coming from a cross plane crank r1 and a string or yams and can't knock there quality
Cheers

Had bike brand spanking new april 2012 recall at 1st service engine out ,then side stand now this, hopefully something simple but not expecting good news !

Had bike brand spanking new april 2012 recall at 1st service engine out ,then side stand now this, hopefully something simple but not expecting good news !

The fact BMW are acting on them gives me hope, Honda wouldnt do anything with my less than a year old blde that used more oil than an RD250!

Back