Jap4performance Carbon

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatstick

Reaction score
Hi all,
I can see some are looking for Carbon, I have been in touch with Gavin at Jap4 for some bits for my 500 and asked about 1000rr stuff and he said he is doing most stuff for 2015. I don't know how it compares to other makes on price/quality but is another option, I have also asked if forum members could have a discount and I am weighting for him to get back to me.
Here is a link to his ebay shop for you to have a look!!:hopelessness::cool-new::surprise:

Dean

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-S1000...pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts_13&hash=item3f2564b0c8

Gavin has just got back in touch and if you ring him direct on 07919404734 he will give you 10% discount making a set of 2015 frame guards ?125, how does that sound?

Dean

Hi Dean, very nice of you to ask for a forum discount, :).

I always buy Ilmberger carbon for the beast, they make the HP carbon bits for BMW, and the quality is excellent. A couple of weeks ago I needed to remove a full length Ilmberger CF belly pan from my other bike. It has been on the bike for 30k miles over nearly 6 years, and after a quick wash it looked as good as the day it was fitted (and the fitting is perfect). I'd recommend ilmberger every time.

Perhaps when you've got some jap4 carbon on the bike post some pics for us to have a nosey?

NICE!!! :smile-new: I was looking at buying from this guy when my bike arrives, was going to start off buying a rear hugger as its cheap just so i can sus out the quality before i go big and buy lots of stuff :) Ill post pics up when it arrives and keep you updated... Thanks for sourcing a 10% discount!!! I will definately be using it

Stu

No problems, Its the same stuff that Maria Costello MBE and Hudson Kennaugh are using on their race bikes this year. I think quality should be OK.

Dean

Hi.
i have just received a delivery of Jap4 for my 2014 RR. Chain guard. Hugger. Tank infills and side infills.
The quality is excellent and fits well.
i saw the items advertised on EBay and called Gavin direct about a month ago. Very nice guy to speak to. I will say if you order direct he will offer a 10% discount which helps when buying the quantity I did. He is very busy with RR bits and the delivery time can take upto 3 weeks but worth waiting for.
there are many carbon manufactures on the market and costs vary but Jap4 in my option is excellent quality at a competitive price.
regards
barry

Hi Barry,
That's a good result,look forward to seeing some pics.
Have used him over the years for stuff for my 500 and GSXR always found good service/quality so as for a forum discount as have seen lots of people looking for Carbon for there new bikes just like me. Have found that some of the stuff is priced out of this world and jap4 would be a good alternative .

Dean

Hi.
i have just received a delivery of Jap4 for my 2014 RR. Chain guard. Hugger. Tank infills and side infills.
The quality is excellent and fits well.
i saw the items advertised on EBay and called Gavin direct about a month ago. Very nice guy to speak to. I will say if you order direct he will offer a 10% discount which helps when buying the quantity I did. He is very busy with RR bits and the delivery time can take upto 3 weeks but worth waiting for.
there are many carbon manufactures on the market and costs vary but Jap4 in my option is excellent quality at a competitive price.
regards
barry

Sounds great! Can you post some pictures up so i can see the carbon on the bike? Mines coming in black so it will be interesting to see how it looks :)

Looks good especially like the hugger that could be a future purchase.. Is the fit good?

Looks good especially like the hugger that could be a future purchase.. Is the fit good?
Hi. Yes the fit is good and is all easy to fit except the side infills. Part of the side infills are held with a retaining clip that once pushed on it is not designed to come off. Recommend doing the lhs first to get the hang of removing the clip as the rhs has two of them. Would also recommend undoing all the bolts holding the fairing together to allow you more flexibility when removing these clips and reduce the risk of cracking one of the fairing panels.
Harris polished rear sets next and am toying with the idea of Gold powder coated wheels. Just love black on gold.
I have no problem in recommending Jap4 Carbon as a very good alternative to the genuine BMW stuff which is as you all know an arm and a leg. However if I was rich and money didn't matter then of course I would have the BMW stuff and got them to fit it. Lol
Not long now and the roads will be full of Beamers on a Sunday morning.
Barry

am toying with the idea of Gold powder coated wheels. Just love black on gold
Me too. Took these pics on Saturday of mine (powder-coated gold wheels and I had my in-fills flattened and painted TG):
IMG_5444 small.jpg IMG_5448 small.jpg

Last edited:
Me too. Took these pics on Saturday of mine (powder-coated gold wheels and I had my in-fills flattened and painted TG):
View attachment 678 View attachment 679

That looks very nice, I Never understood the thinking behind the waffle plastics, just made the bike look cheap i went down the expensive carbon route. Your wheels do look good on the black bike

Gavin has just got back in touch and if you ring him direct on 07919404734 he will give you 10% discount making a set of 2015 frame guards ?125, how does that sound?

Dean

Just ordered the carbon hugger from Gavin direct with the 10% discount! :) Thanks Flatstick. Will post pictures up once fitted

That what forums are for, just waiting for some bits to come in then I will order the lot.
Dean

Latest posts

Back