IRC auto blipper

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gazzy

Reaction score
Well, after much deliberation, I jumped in and bought an auto blipper. The fitting of it is relatively straightforward but quite time consuming, the tank and airbox have to come off, there's a plug that connects to one of the coil packs, one to the TPS connector and one to the gear position sensor. All sounds easy but there's next to no fitting instructions and if you don't know where these plugs are it takes a while to find everything and convince yourself it's right. Once these are done there's two electrical boxes to find a place for, one of these being the program box of tricks which you need access to once the bike's running. I've used the bike briefly since fitting it and I must say the upshift seems better and, up to now, more reliable. On the standard shift assist I would regularly hit a stop and have to clutch up, that hasn't happened yet. The downshift side I'm still working on, up to now it seems a bit hit and miss, sometimes great in some gears, on a few occasions lurching or false neutrals. Having said that, there are a number of program settings for up and down shifts which are weight on the lever related and affect the ignition kill and blip time, I'm still trying to work out how altering these figures affect the shifts. If anyone has any knowledge of how to set up the blipper I'd appreciate their advice and, as I progress, I'll report back on my experience with the blipper. Anyway, the first hurdle of fitting it was ok so don't be put off by that if you're thinking of buying one, there's no cutting wires, it's all plugs and then just fitting the new strain gauge and rod.

This wont help much, but when i fitted mine i didnt need to adjust any of the Settings, apart from the pressure needed to activate the shift, which is personal Preference

Thanks for the reply, the pressure, according to the instructions, is supposed to be past the spring tension and as the gear engages. Does yours activate at the end of the lever stroke?

Latest posts

Back