Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren jones

Reaction score
Just getting insurance quotes what are the plus and negatives of paying extra for personal accident and legal cover

Just getting insurance quotes what are the plus and negatives of paying extra for personal accident and legal cover

I'm not sure I have developed an opinion on the matter yet, but I do know some people who actively avoid paying it - they cite the prevalence of no win no fee legal firms that you can hire. However, such companies can take up to c. 30% of any settlement you receive, having legal cover can limit/nullify that (I think there's some recent legislation that limits what NWNF firms can charge..). This is all relevant when it is you that wants to take the action - no idea what protection the cover would give you if someone comes after you (..is that even likely? Any your-fault accident stuff would be dealt with by bike insurance claim??).

Having recently been the victim of a SMIDSY, I found that the claims handlers saw I had legal cover and I got a barrage of calls from their favourite firm of ambulance chasers. Not sure I want some anonymous, non-qualified, closed case target driven, disinterested paper pusher dealing with my claim, so giving some thought to a proper solicitor....

Rick

Latest posts

Back