Ignition problem.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
So washed my bike the other night.

A good friend of mine is over from OZ and popped in to see me, eager to let him hear the 200 brake animal I stuck the key in and... nothing. Dead as a dodo !. Pissed about thinking theres water down the barrel and eventually after pulling the key in and out it sparked into life.

Never gave it a thought till just there pulled bike out of garage...same thing. Called Dalkeith spoke to Peter says it sounds like whatever it was and they would get it in this week.

Ive the insured warranty I wonder if its covered...anyone else had the same prob...was thinking of a blast tomorrow so feck getting stuck somewhere breakdown or no breakdown. Anyone got any views on it dying mid corner ... gulp.

NB: same prob both keys...

S

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So washed my bike the other night.

A good friend of mine is over from OZ and popped in to see me, eager to let him hear the 200 brake animal I stuck the key in and... nothing. Dead as a dodo !. Pissed about thinking theres water down the barrel and eventually after pulling the key in and out it sparked into life.

Never gave it a thought till just there pulled bike out of garage...same thing. Called Dalkeith spoke to Peter says it sounds like whatever it was and they would get it in this week.

Ive the insured warranty I wonder if its covered...anyone else had the same prob...was thinking of a blast tomorrow so feck getting stuck somewhere breakdown or no breakdown. Anyone got any views on it dying mid corner ... gulp.

S

Sound like the lower (electrical) part of the ignition switch pn: 61318543110 ?72

Probably 15 min to half an hour to fit

I'd guess it'll be covered under warranty. And I think it's unlikely to cut out while riding but when you turn the ignition off at the side of the road for a piss you may not be able to turn it back on again! Or it may stay on... I've seen that on other models that use the same part

Good Stephen... I didnt think it was anything major tbh...Ill look thru the T and C later.. Ill pop your thing in the post on Monday mate. Its lying ready to go just not been near a PO all week.

Cheers mate. S

Back