idea i have for S1000rr carbon fibre parts

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that, yeah i would be happy with it on my bike. What il do is look at getting all the parts off the bike ( when it arrives) and mould all the parts. frame swing arm covers, casings,infills, screen braces, seats,cowls etc. And go from there. Do you think the cowls will be good? cant picture it for some reason? must be quite a tricky part?

cheers

kyleum295 link=topic=1063.msg10040#msg10040 date=1341749820 said:
Thanks for that, yeah i would be happy with it on my bike. What il do is look at getting all the parts off the bike ( when it arrives) and mould all the parts. frame swing arm covers, casings,infills, screen braces, seats,cowls etc. And go from there. Do you think the cowls will be good? cant picture it for some reason? must be quite a tricky part?

cheers
I'm just after the little seat cowl in carbon,I'm guessing it will be tricky,but the BMW HP part costs £318 lol as for the whole seat section I wouldn't like it,but I'm sure there are others who will snap them up!

Also looks like you have the weave spot on,you get some carbon which looks terrible.

Another part I'd like in carbon in the radiator infill v-section,but I'm guessing that part would be hard to make? And maybe being rigid would cause problem?

Hi boardsofnorfolk Yes the weave is good because we use prepreg and an autoclave ( not like the chinese or wet layup stuff than can distort easily) but we can pretty much make any shape in carbon so i can have a look at the v-piece and let you know what i think?, just down to how we do the tooling. Before we make anything we always make templates of the weave so we cut all our material before we lay anything up. That way all the cut lines are tight and neat and the weave has been planned out to look as seamless as possible.

OK so im sorta sold on the idea of doing this stuff for s-thou and offering all the bits. Might be worth speaking to the forum and see if i could offer stuff on here if i make all the tooling.The problem at the moment is im stacked out with work until August so i will struggle to do anything until then but I guess best thing to do is speak to administrator? I will rip down the bike when it arrives and tool up! :)

Please let me know your thoughts and il touch base with the forum officials and see if i can sponsor this site :)

cheers

james

kyleum295 link=topic=1063.msg10050#msg10050 date=1341759582 said:
Hi boardsofnorfolk Yes the weave is good because we use prepreg and an autoclave ( not like the chinese or wet layup stuff than can distort easily) but we can pretty much make any shape in carbon so i can have a look at the v-piece and let you know what i think?, just down to how we do the tooling. Before we make anything we always make templates of the weave so we cut all our material before we lay anything up. That way all the cut lines are tight and neat and the weave has been planned out to look as seamless as possible.

OK so im sorta sold on the idea of doing this stuff for s-thou and offering all the bits. Might be worth speaking to the forum and see if i could offer stuff on here if i make all the tooling.The problem at the moment is im stacked out with work until August so i will struggle to do anything until then but I guess best thing to do is speak to administrator? I will rip down the bike when it arrives and tool up! :)

Please let me know your thoughts and il touch base with the forum officials and see if i can sponsor this site :)

cheers

james
If you can make the vsection,I'll deffo buy it! I can wait,so no problem. Also if you manage to make small seat cowl,I'd be up for buying that also. Let me know price and slap some extra lacquer on the v-section lol ;)

yeah fatbob..

Yes we can do the blue no problem. I will upload some blue carbon shortly for you to see. I will get the colour match done and then get the sprayer to do a sample board :)

Hi,

Really nice stuff, I'll be keeping an eye on what appears cause i'm very interested.

Where about in Scotland are you, I ask because I'm from the Falkirk area.

Regards

fatbob link=topic=1063.msg10052#msg10052 date=1341761681 said:
so could ya but a blue tint in a front mudguard , that would look proper nice that :)

Especially if you could get the red bit in as well. I would be up for one of those :)

Edit: I would love an exhaust hanger to replace the foot peg that the Akra exhaust uses.

Godzilla link=topic=1063.msg10061#msg10061 date=1341772337 said:
so could ya but a blue tint in a front mudguard , that would look proper nice that :)

Especially if you could get the red bit in as well. I would be up for one of those :)

Edit: I would love an exhaust hanger to replace the foot peg that the Akra exhaust uses.

Akrapovic already do a hanger, not cheap but its the tits. There the same hanger as a late zx6r and zx10r aswell if you want to scower ebay.

Alps Pacino link=topic=1063.msg10153#msg10153 date=1342008066 said:
Godzilla link=topic=1063.msg10061#msg10061 date=1341772337 said:

Akrapovic already do a hanger, not cheap but its the tits. There the same hanger as a late zx6r and zx10r aswell if you want to scower ebay.

Thanks will have a look on the bay of fleas. I am not paying 120 notes for an exhaust hanger, on principle as other makes exhausts come with one. What year 6r's is it off?

Does anyone know if anything came of the idea of carbon fibre from Scotland in the end? Was looking good.

Will otherwise be of to Ilmberger via the Bank Manager....

Hi Lads,

Yes still going to do it, but due to work commitments at moment i cannot do anything until August, but if people are still interested I will get some pics up and make moulds in august :)

302453_2177000980857_1480313491_n.jpg

Just a wee colour sample we did.. more to come shortly. Bike arrives this week so it will be getting stripped and all parts will be getting copied! other colours possible this was just a test. :)

Hey Kyleum - keen to get a CF rear hugger, if possible made longer than standard, so it actually works!

Let me know if possible and some idea of cost.

Cheers
Stu

Still want the v-section,so let me know when you've made one ;)

Also if you can,the small plastic bits that sit in front of the badge holders ;,)

Hi everyone,

Sorry for late response, been hectic here for the last few weeks. Im currently having a new autoclave wired in to the workshop which will be fired up mid next week with any luck and i have made some production tooling for the mudgaurd first as I had a splash mould already ( pictures shown). So basically what im wondering is if anyone would be interested in a high quality front guard lacquered or in coloured coating? I need to do a couple of runs in the clave to bed it in so i will make around 10 guards if people are interested ( will do a forum deal of course!). Obviously before i sell anything i will speak to forum and see rules about donating or something as I dont want to tread on toes here. I will also crack on with other bits soon after.

I was thinking about doing full road kits also, is this a good idea or bad? dont want to build expensive tooling if these arent really of interest so any feedback would be ace here.

cheers

If by front guard , you mean mudguard that could be blue and red like the original , then yes I am interested

Latest posts

Back