I joined the club

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boo

Reaction score
And bought a red / white / black 2012.

The first sportsbike without "Fireblade" written on the fairing to inhabit my garage in 15 years !

I'm used to my Hondas running forever with nothing other than consumables and routine maintenance, hoping my new beemer imitates them.

Welcome, the Beemer I think is just like riding a blade, but not as we'll put together, although saying that the fairings on the Beemer are far easier to take off than the modern blade. It's nice to have a change I think variety spice of life and all that, it's just that it can get expensive.

We're off to a good start - at 508 miles and less than two weeks into my ownership of the S1k it came back home on an AA recovery truck. I have problems with the front brakes binding when they're warmed up which I shall be diagnosing and hopefully fixing over the next few days.

Ah well, at least it was warm and dry inside the recovery truck :tennis:

Welcome,
Well after 22,000 miles never had an issue with brakes, even on a track day! Only real issue for me is the sump, however on the last service at 18k
dealer has used a 2013 sump so 24k is nearly due we will see if that worked !!!

Having had a trawl around it seems these brakes bind if not kept clean, hopefully a quick clean up will stop them binding. However I also see my symptoms can happen when the ABS pressure regulator fails so hopefully it's not that.

15000 mls and noticed when putting tyre warmers on they were not as free as they should be so bought some seal kits (oe as recommended by Russ). Had my doubts when inspected the calipers as the pistons moved quite freely by hand but as had new decided to fit. Hey presto, perfect now !

Problem solved - the rear brake reservoir was over-filled, the linked brakes made it happen when I was using the fronts so I automatically assumed it was the fronts that were binding. Hey presto - perfect now !

Back