Huggers

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanK

Reaction score
From what I have read I either need to fill the hole or get a new hugger ASAP if I dont want stone chips under the bike.

Seems to be that the Carbon Web gets recomended (?150) as a good option but trying to see how that compares to the Ilmberger at ?220 - and ultimately other cheaper options closer to ?100 mark (seems to also be suggested to get built in chain gaurd at same time).

I had carbon on my old bike here but the fit wasnt great and had to leave some of the bolts loose to avoid twisting the whole thing. Then it started chipping at the egde. Dont want the same to happen this time round so willing to pay for the right part up to a point.

Anyone with experience of both options (or alternatives)?

Redundant question now. Just scored the side tank guards and top fairing Ilmberger bits of eBay lol. Don't even have bike yet but guess I know which hugger it will need to be now.

Ahhhhhh.... So you was the winner. Got the side tank panels really cheap. Nearly bided myself but I won't the under tray :D

Hehe. Yeah, was surprised by that. Think it was due to not actually mentioning the make in the advert. Funny thing was I won the not so cheap tanks sides and it was only looking at the email to say I'd won that mentioned other items for sale... I clicked on it and had about 1 min 30 to wonder, search, check, panic and bid....

the bottoms look nice but but damaged.

I didn't buy the cracked one. I bought the full carbon one with white stickers on, few marks on the bottom but that's not visible when on the bike :D

Nice!! didnt realise there were two - like I said I only even saw the 2nd bit of the side pannel when I got the email.

Just trying to get them to combine postage now and asked for an honest description of the condition so I dont just end up posting it back...

I bought the fuel tank cover from the person too. I was watching all of their items. Couldn't bring myself to try and buy them all, would of been in the 400's! Haha

lol - I was temted by that but as you say.. where would it all end

Latest posts

Back