Hugger Alternatives

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billo01

Reaction score
Probably been asked a billion times before so here's the billion +1 time.

The hugger and the hole. Went for a ride around North Wales yesterday as it was pretty fair weather. There were a lot of damp patches and the odd stream running over the road. When I got home I was suprised by the amount of shit that covered the rear but in particular over the shock.

I know the hole is there for a reason but I don't ever see the battery box going though it aside from dropping the bike from a tall building. Are there any decent alternatives for a hugger that doesn't have the hole and maybe incorporates a chain guard and in carbon too?

Cheers all

Search the threads matey, loads of info. Yes, you don't need the hole and yes there are loads of carbon alternatives which include the chainguard as one piece. I fitted ilmberger carbon.

I bought a spare from eBay for ?15 delivered. I got the lads at work to rivet a piece of aluminium mesh with very small holes in and covered the underside in black duct tape and refitted it. When it's on you don't notice the duct tape and no dirt / water comes through. You can see the rivets but it's not an issue for me as its function over form. I could have sprayed the mesh black and the rivets but I wanted a quick fix .

I'm in the process of changing the front mudguard and rear hugger at the moment
Amazon and ebay have loads of carbon ones
Not too expensive and if you upgrade to a newer
model Their interchangeable
Result !!!

A rear hugger from BMW is ?22, just to let you guys know. I saw a second hand one go for ?35 recently on eBay.

JimmyMac

Spoke to my dealer about this very thing Andy. He reckoned that people presume BMW are really expensive for ALL spare parts but sometimes they are the opposite.

JimmyMac

Yup, also eBay makes people go crazy bidding. I scuba dive. The best compass can be bought from any dive shop for about ?32, never seen one go for less than ?40 on eBay. ...never mind delivery...

Latest posts

Back