HP rear sets opinions

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DCB

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on the HP rear sets guys as to whether they are worth the price over standard. I don't have any problems with feet slip but do have a problem with my new sidi boots and the space to get my foot under to shift up the gears,
2 solutions- move the standard gear lever on the shaft to give more space
Or buy Hp rear sets?

cheers Daz

The HP rearsets give a degree of adjustability, however I've got size 11s and had no issues with the std set up with regard to gear changing so I question if you need them, how have you got your feet positioned? I think ?500+ is a lot for the HPs but look out on eBay and you can pick up some new / neatly nee for a lot less.

It's nothing to do with the size of my feet Mac, it's more the height of the front of the boot I think, my old sidi boots are fine but the new boots I struggle to get the toe under the lever, feels as if I am just catching the lever with the very front of the boot which isn't ideal

Last edited:
Personally you can get cheaper ones that do exactly the same, I've only got a pair purely for the "bling" factor

Size 11 feet too

I class rear sets as "consumables" so for me 500 is too much 😂

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It also depends on how long you are thinking of keeping the bike. Resale values on Hp rearsets are strong so the actual cost of ownership is far less than ?500.

Edit - for less money I really like the lightechs. :).

Last edited:
HP Rearsets

The HP rearsets are very good as they offer loads of adjustability. I personally wouldn't buy them again as getting hold of spare parts is virtually impossible despite them being made by Gilles.

It also depends on how long you are thinking of keeping the bike. Resale values on Hp rearsets are strong so the actual cost of ownership is far less than ?500.

Edit - for less money I really like the lightechs. :).

always liked the R version lightechs, but they are a fortune

Rearsets

If I was buying rearsets again they would be from either alpha Racing, SES or Promach.

Latest posts

Back