HP Race Datalogger

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: HP Datalogger - collection of data

I will be at the track this weekend, so once I have refreshed myself again I will update to using the kit and some pointers on how to look at the info.

I can pop it in Post 15 so its in order when you've got something.

Sound mate, I'll get sorted out and write up next week.

Alex asked for some pictures of the front pot mount and loom entry point.
I've just remembered, hope these help.
Mods please move to wherever you wish if required.

6f323f3bb1465c80d919e87d3c46a269.jpg
ba8336f301832cfe4886cae246ad51ab.jpg
0a9e930d5756d5891c4912772018b9b2.jpg
5d6814202c8579527617e9185a1477a0.jpg
d9e915d037f01831c1b0af3977e8dfbe.jpg
9f12fe4d6ad8549bb8d9158082bdc75a.jpg
1a0bc7ba09f27a8ddb1ac09232980404.jpg

Had some issues with the logger being temperamental this weekend.
And one has been ruined by the rain at brands hatch.
I advise changing the mounting position to under your seat hump on road bikes,
And on top of the small fuse box under race seat units.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have mine mounted externally on the battery tray behind the exhaust hanger bracket. I did experience a bit of a drop out in GPS signal when I had it fitted under the race seat unit. Hopefully you won't have the same problem.

Move it from there Ry. That's where ours WERE. One big wet spell and it's dead mate.

I have put a 600mm extension into ours and sealed it in with self amalgamating tape, then drilled a small witness hole in the bodywork just to see the loggers state with the blue light flashing.

Looking forward to checking my data from track later.
How do you change the speed reading from kph?
I initially thought it was because my clocks were in kph but I've had that fixed now and still coming up on datalogger in kph.

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

You don't mate I'm afraid. It's just a value, if you want to know just divide by 1.66

Oh, I could be wrong then. Never actually looked any further because it's not really required. Terminal speed is just a number.
Throttle position and slip are priority on my side of the fence.

I was wrong, checked, no options for that. But I guess you could do a calculation in the channel setup if desperate.

Yeah it's no biggie, I just assumed it was because my clocks were initially reading kph.
Thanks 😊

Sent from ma phone Galaxy S7

Paul, as I am about to install the datalogger I have found this thread most helpful - thank you. Have you had any subsequent GPS connectivity issues with mounting the logger below the tail rather than on top as advised in the install guide?

No, the only issue we found is that if it is orientated with the USB uppermost, in the rain the logger is destroyed by water ingress and BMW won't honour any warranty. What I would advise is mount it under your seat unit and plug in a short good quality USB extension. Then the water will only ruin the extension cable, worst case scenario. If you can find a cable with a light that flashes when data is being transferred to replicate the blue light, even better. Bruce may have photos of his set up. But we used his on track last week in torrential rain and it all worked good.

Has anyone found if the Datalogger Anna-Liza software can show a theoretical best-lap based on best segment times?

Yes it can.
But I don't have it to hand to screen shot how.
It's in a 'table' of sectors.

Yes it can. You can combine your best sector times for a given session to calculate a theoretical fastest lap. The sector analysis tool is particularly useful as you can identify which points of the circuit you are fast at. Furthermore you can then overlay the GPS trace onto a circuit map to see it visually.

Latest posts

Back