How many miles before fuel light on?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuel light for me would usually come on around 95 miles. I have a full exhaust and PCV tuned at BSD. Just before the weather went to shit and my deployment I didn't see the light come on at 95 miles. Then I would just put gas in it when I got home since the ride to work is 25 miles.

phil link=topic=77.msg909#msg909 date=1317800265 said:
I have seen anything from 100 miles to 134 before the light comes on :)...

134 miles till the light came on :( thats more than ive ever got running the tank till the dispaly say 0 miles left.

Lowest (on road) 84
Highest 139

Happy with that - it sits in Race mode all the time, apart from Sport for a few downpours and I have to be somewhere.

I must be doing summat wrong! ... I get 135 typical occasional 145 and never less than 120
remind me - that twist grip is for, what?

Last two tanks have been 125 and 132 both with the display saying 0! Standard bike with 362 mile on the clock so no revving it above 8k :)

I had 135 on mine yesterday, trip from Elstree to cranleigh with a few runs flat out on runway and pulling wheelies.

Did about 15 runs blasting to 135 seeing how far off the front wheel came up and a few testing also the height it came off before t&c's kicked in.

inst also did about 10 runs wheelieing the bike and light came on when coming home telling me there was 29 left.

also had a blast on way back keeping high up in rev range to ensure power was there, 9 to 10k rpm.

I get about 70 to 90 I think is pretty good considering the ECU re-mapp. I think I could get more but I don't really use it to commute to work or for transport.

seriously - i'm not the fastest rider around, but I like to think I can hold my own
....yesterday I did 220 miles with a mate (on his panzer too) I was on WOT for most acceleration on twisty roads, engine running between 8 and 12k revs mostly, traction control was operating and I was wheelying on the power out of corners and on straights.
I rode the fastest Ive ever ridden down my favourite moors etc. roads. average speed must have been >100, top speed of 174, 135/140 regularly.
filled up at 122 miles .....fuel light not even on and only got 13l into it :encouragement:
How he hell you guys run out after 100 is beyond me!!

How the fook you managed 122 miles on 13l is beyond me :(

I've never managed more than 150 miles, and that was just fumes left in the tank. Last 30 miles was done clutch in/ coasting down hills etc as I was in the middle of nowhere and 3 petrol stations on the run were closed :(.

134 miles till the light came on :( thats more than ive ever got running the tank till the dispaly say 0 miles left.
No real explanation, Race mode all the time, I dont brake much and I keep my corner speed up. Never pull away quick from standstill, keep the speed down in villages/towns (all sounds boring) and I never brake hard.
Union Jack and Doc and a few others have ridden with me, im sure they might get the same.

No real explanation, Race mode all the time, I dont brake much and I keep my corner speed up. Never pull away quick from standstill, keep the speed down in villages/towns (all sounds boring) and I never brake hard.
Union Jack and Doc and a few others have ridden with me, im sure they might get the same.

The ride I was talking about was an IAM ride, so pretty much riding to your description, except in Slick mode.

I think Phil last time we compared I'd used only slightly more than you but I'm not as smooth as you and tend to brake for corners.

Latest posts

Back