Horizon Motorcycle tours

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ApUhtred

Reaction score
Anyone got any experience of this lot? Due to go to Austria next week but getting no reply to email or phone and the mobile says out of order. Looked them up on companies house and all looks OK but getting a bit worried they have done a bunk with my money and like an idiot I did not pay by credit card.

Regards Steve

People have been posting on their facebook page this week about a trip they've just got back from so maybe persevere and if it does go pete tong let us know! Hopefully not. :)

Panic over contact today. Bloody hell was getting worried. Bit last minute a week before we leave. Will report back on how the trip went.

By the way the wife asked me to say the picture is not of her

Regards Steve

Well that was the trip from hell. In no way due to Horizon. Good tour well run. I had brake problems the first day. Took it to BMW in Folksberg Germany. Dropped everything and had two guys work on it for a couple of hours. Changed the fluid took everything apart but could find no fault. While this was going on am in the middle of a major Gout attack in both elbows and left shoulder. Next day was in the mountains of Austria so decided to bin it and come home. Left Germany at 14.00 and intended to stop half way across France. Gout is getting so bad that I am now riding with one hand. Decided that if i stooped i might not be able to ride the next day so came all the way. Got home at Midnight. Sure enough next day I could not move so right decision. Told my brother to stay at the tour and he had a fantastic time so all good for anyone booking with Horizon. BMW said wait till breaks go again then get RAC to tow it in so they can see what is going wrong. Have all the tour info so may try and just do it myself later in the year if I have time. If not try again next year.

Sorry to hear about your troubles but at least you are home in one piece :).

not impressed with BMW saying wait until the brakes don't work again! Yikes.

Not a great trip for you, what a disappointment after all the planning and time off arranged for it.
I'm off to Orlando and the surrounding area for a Harley road trip next week, the brakes better bloody work!
I took a shot of my mates Harley a few weeks ago as I've never been on one and a wee bit different to what im used to.
It was like stopping a battleship coming into port as I tried to pull up :distrust:

hey Steve.....sorry to hear your trip didn't go to plan :-/ .....what exactly was happening with your brakes? ....always good when the brakes work!

p.s. so the girl in your pic is just where you go for side action? :welcoming:

Chaps the story of the brakes. Rode 170 miles to Folkstone no problem at all. Next morning leave hotel and no breaks. Total panic. Rode to ferry port stopped looked bike over all looks good. Ride round the car park I have brakes. Through the tunnel ride 250 miles across France no problem. Coming out of a roundabout feel something wrong with front wheel. First thought I have a puncture. Pull up and have a look. Brakes seized on so much so that three of us could no push it forward or back. All very hot. Cooled it down and vented some pressure from brake nipple at lever. Brakes work and we finished our jorney over some reasonable hills with prenty of twisty bits so more use of bakes all good. Next morning no brakes. Gave it a minute started again still no brakes. Decided to take it to nearest BMW dealer. About 30 miles. During this ride breaks come gradually back as though there is a blockage. As said before German BMW garage faultless straight in but can find nothing. Changed fluid incase problem there but nothing. Rode half way back and had the brakes seize on again. Same performance release a tiny bit of fluid all OK and fine the rest of the way home. I have got a Resuma resevoir and short levers but BMW could find no fault with them. Checked with resuma and they are the right ones for my bike. Also no fault lights coming on. BMW tried a know faulty sesor and fault system works
A Gentelman does not talk about what he does for side action but I think that one would kill me. She belongs to someone so I hope he never sees the picture.

Regards Steve

Regards Steve

Cheers for the info Steve....nothing worse than an intermittent fault.....especially with brakes :grief:......damn right frightening!! .....how is the bike now? Brakes been working fine since? ....I don't know enough about brakes to diagnose, but i'd love to know what went on there?? Any suggestions guys?Riding bikes comes with enough risk without wondering if your brakes are gonna work at the next corner!!

On a positive, glad to hear you're keeping your side action standards out of the gutter Steve :congratulatory:

Have only managed a hundred miles since I gotback. All good. Will report when sorted.

Many thanks for your congratulations on my morals.

Regards Steve

Back