Hi new member

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

keith4383

Hi all picked up a S1000RR 2016 motorsport colours after owning a Yamaha R1 2004 for 8 years! I thought that was a great bike, but boy the S1000RR has moved on! A grin from ear to ear last Sat when I had the first service. A few mods have been done, Stomp grips, giles levers and yosh oil plug. Next mod will be an exhaust, thinking about an austin racing one any thoughts? Also I am messing around with the user mode, what does the over run cut off do? Can you turn it on in the user mode? Thanks

Hi Keith, welcome to the forum and thank you for your support :). There are some good deals for premier members in the premier members area with our forum vendors if you haven't spotted them yet. I don't know the answer to your question but expect someone will be along to help :).

I'm probably Wrong.

Over run cut off is usually as you take the power off to slow, the management system switches the injectors off then as you power again they're switched back on

So what do you think that the benefits are for it to be switched on, save fuel? Thanks

Hi all picked up a S1000RR 2016 motorsport colours after owning a Yamaha R1 2004 for 8 years! I thought that was a great bike, but boy the S1000RR has moved on! A grin from ear to ear last Sat when I had the first service. A few mods have been done, Stomp grips, giles levers and yosh oil plug. Next mod will be an exhaust, thinking about an austin racing one any thoughts? Also I am messing around with the user mode, what does the over run cut off do? Can you turn it on in the user mode? Thanks

Welcome Keith, pleased you're happy with your new S1K. I assume you mean an Austin can rather than full system? I've got a GP1 on mine, they look superb and with the baffle in aren't much noisier than standard. Just beware that they're not road legal and the titanium will colour up if you keep the baffle in

I'm sure there is a minor saving of fuel but it is going to mainly effect the handing of the bike on deceleration. most likely used to aid slowing later for corners. You'll find it's going to slow pretty quick.

'Overrun-Cut'. This will be to do with engine breaking and the popping/banging the 2015+ makes on throttle lift. Nothing to do with cylinder deactivation.

RAIN, SPORT, RACE = Enabled
SLICK = Disabled

^^From that I would gather that serious track work would recommend turning it off.

Last edited:
So what do you think that the benefits are for it to be switched on, save fuel? Thanks

Nothing to do with fuel saving - just lift off engine braking (stronger when enabled) and fun noises.

Last edited:
Hi can you turn it on in user mode the, the hand book says that its disabled?

Hi I was interested in a slip on exhaust, do you know if they are road legal?

They are legal enough. Think they need a DOT stamp for even stickler MOT testers to be happy.

Insurance needs to know, but doubt it will change anything.

Latest posts

Back